Chapter Twenty Four

Thousands of Asgardians had gathered in the Great Hall on a glorious and prideful day; Thor's Coronation. The hall was packed with people left, right and centre. Golden and red flags hung down from the ceiling with Mjolnir's symbol on them, a weapon Thor had been granted with when he first went into battle. The main colour scheme of the coronation was gold. There were two golden statues of the Einherjar.

Ivy was situated in the crowd instead of up the front next to Loki. Ivy had requested this happen, despite it meaning that she wouldn't be able to comfort Loki's jealous self; she simply didn't want people asking questions, especially since it was Thor's big day. She didn't want to ruin that for him with everyone fretting over who she was.

Suddenly, a giant chorus of squeals and cheers emerged from the crowd as Ivy heard the doors to the hall open to reveal the one they'd all been waiting for. Ivy couldn't see Thor as she was in the front row of the crowd. It was deafening. There was a girl next to her who was around her age, who was screaming her heart out. She wore quite revealing clothing and Ivy couldn't help but roll her eyes at how pathetic she thought the girl was.

As Thor reached the front of the hall, he flipped his helmet in his hands and effortlessly caught it. The girl next to Ivy squealed with delight and Ivy subtly moved to her left away from her. She turned her attention back to Thor and smiled, happy that her good friend was being crowned King of Asgard.

He was wearing his famous red cape, and new silver armour that showed he was fit to be a king. His golden hair was hung loose as usual, and he had the brightest smile on his face.

She then looked up at Loki, who did not seem to feel the same way as her. His jaw was clenched and at one point Ivy caught him rolling his eyes. She let out a sigh of frustration and turned her attention back to Thor, however, her mind kept thinking about Loki. Him and Thor were brothers, and although they had their differences and although Loki always denied his love for Thor, they deep down did both love each other. So, really, Loki should be happy for Thor and his big achievements on such a glorious day instead of wishing he was in his brother's place.

Ivy really couldn't see why Loki was so jealous, however, she wasn't in line for the throne, so she didn't really need to. Suddenly, all the screaming stopped, and Ivy looked to the front of the Great Hall to see Thor was kneeling down in front of his father who was sitting proudly on his golden throne. Thor was smiling brightly as he took of his helmet, and he cheekily winked at his mother who let out a slight chuckle. Odin rose from his throne, and tapped his staff on the ground once, signalling everyone to become silent.

"Thor Odinson, my heir, my firstborn," Ivy looked over to Loki; jealousy was written all across his face. From then on the words faded out for Ivy. Looking back at her significant other, she noticed that the jealously on Loki's face had disappeared, and was rather replaced with glee.

"Do you swear to guard the Nine Realms?" Odin asked his son.

"I swear," he replied with pride and dignity made noticeable in his voice.

"Do you swear to preserve the peace?"

"I swear."

"Do you swear to cast aside all selfish ambition and to pledge yourself to only the good of the realm?"

Thor raised Mjolnir high up into the air victoriously and shouted one last time; "I swear!"

"Then on this day, I, Odin All-father, proclaim you," but Odin never finished his sentence. His brow creased and he looked ahead. After a moment he exclaimed, "Frost Giants!"

The crowd was sent into a frenzy. Some held tightly onto others, some tried to flee the Great Hall as to save themselves. There was pure fear and shock on everyone's faces and no one knew what to do.