Chapter Twenty

Since the day that Ivy and Loki confessed their feelings for each other, they had been inseparable. Despite the fact that they were together now, Odin had still declined the request for Ivy to be granted more hours outside of her room. This is what led Loki to visit Ivy in her room every day. Even though they were confined in Ivy's room, they still did what all couples did.

Loki would write her love sonnets and they would sit on Ivy's balcony and watch the sun set. They would bake each other terrible meals but eat them anyways to make the other happy. When Ivy was allowed out of her room, they would do as they did when they were younger. They would steal from the kitchen, make noises outside the meeting rooms when meetings were in session so that Odin would pause mid-sentence and mumble under his breath, "what in the name of Odin was that?" which would always make Ivy and Loki snigger with laughter as he would always use his own name for the saying. They would also bewitch Thor's hair products. Ever since they turned his hair rainbow and promisingly woke up to the sound of shrill screams the next morning, fiddling with Thor's hair has been one of their favourite pastimes.

Even though they were a young couple, both of them still had their ups and downs. Whenever one of them was feeling under the weather, they would bring each other steaming hot bowls of soup, warm fuzzy socks and fluffy toys to snuggle with as a joke (although Ivy is convinced that Loki secretly loves it). Although they would care for each other and always try and make the other feel better, both of them knew that they would always protect them from whatever cause, no matter what.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Who's coming to visit Asgard again?" Ivy asked Helka who was currently fixing a royal blue dress around Ivy's annoyed and confused self. It had golden embroidery lacing around the hem of the dress and short sleeves with the same embroidery. On Ivy's dresser was her golden necklace, however, it had a stick-on gem covering it as not to make Asgard's guests suspicious. There was a golden headband sitting next to it, and also golden shoes. Ivy was annoyed because she had to wear so much gold. She was confused because later that day Asgard was having visitors from another planet.

"They are a royal family from the planet Noyre. They have been quite close with Asgard for quite some time and usually come and visit every once in a while."

"How come they've never visited while I've been here?"

"Every once in maybe ten years is more like it," Helka leant in close and whispered in Ivy's ear. "If you ask me, they're actually quite snobbish and not very pleasant at all. They think very highly of themselves and get offended very easily, I don't really know why Odin is friends with them."

"Who are they?" Ivy asked as Helka went to go fetch her jewellery.

"Well, there's King Villor, Queen Materia, and their awful twins. Prince Axl and Princess Airliah. The two kids used to be the sweetest little things, they would always come over to Asgard and play with Loki and Thor," Helka sighs deeply. "Oh how I miss the days when they were the cutest and most adorable little children, then all four of them grew up."

Even though Ivy was with Loki and Helka had seemed to forget that and therefore insinuated that he and Thor also grew up to be not sweet and cute, she understood what Helka meant. Ivy remembered when Loki used to be so small and the same height as her, would get beaten up, and cry in Ivy's arms. Now he was at least a head taller, was lean in stature but had grown some noticeable muscle throughout his body from combat lessons and everyone feared him.

Sometimes Ivy worried about Loki. She had noticed lately that Loki was a lot more stoic and took things more seriously- more personally. It was always after Odin would talk to him with Thor in the throne room. Of course Ivy never knew what they were talking about because of the thick doors, but Loki would always come storming out with his hands balled into fists. Thor would be following behind him, his head held high and walking confidently, however his eyes showed sadness. Ivy had been tempted to ask on many occasions, but she knew it wasn't her place or business, so all she could ever do was wonder.