Chapter Fourteen

Loki tried to conceal the pain surging through his body, but it was almost impossible. Each time he took another hit, he would yelp out in pain, but he knew that was exactly what Gray wanted. His nose was pouring out with blood, he had bruises in too many places to count, fractured bones, some possibly even broken. Loki knew that Gray was angry, enraged, psychopathic. He knew Gray's intentions were to kill the God of Mischief. And quite frankly, Loki had accepted that fact. He didn't believe that he could beat him.

All those times where he would tease Ivy for not being able to communicate telepathically or produce magic, it was to cover up the mere fact that he was a coward. What people show on the outside, is vastly different compared to how people are on the inside. Even though Loki had nearly managed to kill Gray, that was what made him a coward. Did he want to kill Gray? Was it the right thing to do? He didn't know.

He felt irate when Gray had come once again to step all over him. He had had enough. Loki didn't know what went through Gray's mind that made him think it was okay to bully him to such an extent, but that time, Loki felt Gray's wrath. And he absorbed his wrath. He nearly killed him. From what Loki found out from snooping around, from being the mischievous boy that he is, Gray was in hospital for six weeks.

In some way, Loki felt proud. He had finally given Gray a taste of his own medicine. Mostly however, Loki felt he had committed a crime. Technically, he hadn't. He hadn't killed Gray. But the fact that he nearly did was holding him back. He knew he wouldn't be able to live with himself if he did kill Gray. He knew he wouldn't get found out, he is the God of Mischief after all, but he doesn't want that on his conscience.

He thought about Frigga. His mother. What would she do if he died? She would be devastated, yes, but would she know that is was Gray? Would she know that it was the same boy who had been bullying him and assaulting him for the past seven years? Loki couldn't be sure. All he thought about was how he wasn't getting out of this situation alive.

He thought about his father. Would Odin care if he were to just give up? He had always favoured Thor over the years. He would have no choice but to favour Thor over anyone seeming that Thor would then be his only child. His only heir to the throne.

He thought about his brother. The God of Thunder. Loki was his brother's shadow. Always there, but never acknowledged. None of that would change. If Loki were to die, Thor would no longer have a silhouette trailing behind him. He would be free. Loki had no doubts in the fact that his brother would miss him, but he would flourish without Loki always holding him back with his tricks and pranks.

He thought about what he had accomplished in the seven-hundred and twenty years he had lived. He thought about what he had acquired. Nothing really. He continued to let Gray bash his head in while he thought for a moment. On second thought, he had acquired something. He had required a friendship. And as he looked past the confusion for his feelings towards his friend, he realised that whether or not she liked him back that their relationship as friends was all he needed. He had to try to stay alive. For Ivy. She didn't have anyone else but Frigga really. And Sif maybe, but she would take ages to let go of the fact that Loki was gone.

Loki mustered all the strength he had left to protect himself, until he realised that he had no strength left. He was defenceless. Physically, yes, non-physically? Now that was what he was about to find out.

Telepathic communication came naturally for Loki, he didn't even have to think about it. He would simply say the words in his mind, and they would be delivered to whoever he wanted. He could alert Odin or Thor but being the oafs that they are they probably would just wave it off. He could alert Frigga, but would she take it as another one of his tricks?

Then he remembered Ivy knew how to telepathically communicate. Well, nearly. She could receive messages just like any other being, but she was unable to answer. Nonetheless, she was the one he was trying to survive for. He had to call her. Even if she never came.