Chapter Twenty Three

Since Ivy had mastered her powers four years ago, Odin had granted the wishes for her, Loki, Thor and Eir to return to the castle. However, four years later and Asgard was still receiving attacks from other planets. Ivy and Loki had aged in the three years since the attacks began. Both had matured in their features and in their morals and attitudes.

The biggest change in Loki was that he was now extremely tall, standing over six feet. He was still lean in stature, but toned muscles covered his body. His hair had grown over the years, however, he decided he didn't like it being too long, so he cut it. It sat briefly above his shoulders and was slicked back with immense amounts of hair gel. His cheekbones were so sharp, one could assume that they could cut like glass.

Ivy had grown in the years to be very beautiful. Her chestnut brown hair cascaded all the way down her back and stopped at halfway. It was wavy and silky to touch. She had lost a large amount of baby fat in her face, strongly defining her elegant features; prominent but soft cheekbones, a curved and small nose that fit her face just right, and full, pink lips.

Because of the attacks over the past years, Ivy's privilege for being able to go outside her room for three hours each day had been limited to one, and slowly, to none. At first she found it tough having to constantly stay in her room knowing that outside plenty of innocent people were being murdered. Over time however, she learnt to live with the fact that there are just some things you can't do anything about.

For Ivy, it was another sleepless night, so she found herself sitting out on her balcony. She overlooked Asgard, admiring the glimmer of its golden façade in the moonlight. She found it peaceful out there as this was one of the times when the Bifrost was closed and everyone was peacefully sleeping. The city was quiet, and it helped her to think more clearly.

He had been relying on her more and more lately. He would never tell her why he was upset, but she could tell he was feeling something related to jealously as he was more often than not in a bad mood.

Another thing that was playing on Ivy's mind for a good portion of her days, was whether or not she should leave Asgard. She was at a dark place at the moment, thinking all the attacks were her fault. 'I did kill the prince after all. Maybe if I hadn't stayed here on Asgard for so long, none of this would be happening.' She had thought on multiple occasions on fleeing Asgard, but she knew that she could never leave Loki; he would be heartbroken.

But then, staying in Asgard was selfish of her. The longer she stayed the more that innocent people were murdered for something they didn't even know what the real reason was for its happening. Despite the rest of the universe knowing about Ivy being an Infinity God, Odin had still decided to keep his own planet in the dark and tell them that the attacks are because Asgard was in a trading predicament.

She begins to take deep breaths, trying to calm her deep thoughts. 'I can't stay here. These attacks are only the beginning. Time will tell when a bigger threat comes to Asgard, like Frost Giants. Or that Turnip thing. No, Thanos. It was definitely Thanos.'

Ivy was shaken from her thoughts when she heard the sound of footsteps outside her door. She slowly and silently made her way back inside, ready to attack whoever was intruding. The doorknob slowly started to turn, and she swiftly grasped onto the blade that sat under her pillow. The sound of the door creaking erupted throughout the quiet room, and Ivy didn't hesitate to throw her dagger at the intruder's head.

As soon as she threw the blade, she made out who it was from their silhouette, and she clasped her hands over mouth as to try not and gasp too loud. It was Loki, however, luckily he had managed to deflect the blade before it even got anywhere near him.

"What are you trying to do? Kill me?" He said without a hint of worry, anger or fright laced in his voice or expression. He invited himself into her room and made his way over to Ivy's couch on the opposite side of where Ivy was. She lifted her hands from her mouth and released a thankful sigh.

"Sorry, but you can't creep up on me like that. Especially not when all these attacks are happening," she said as went over to sit next to him.

"I thought you would be sleeping by now, I came to join you," a smirk spread across his face and Ivy automatically rolled her eyes.

"Wow, how funny," Ivy replied causing Loki to chuckle. She looked up at him into his eyes and frowned as she saw there was restraint hidden in them.

"Loki," he hummed in response. "Why did you really come here?" Anger takes over his expression and he releases an exasperated sigh. Ivy gently lays her hand on top of his and his jaw clenches.

"You can tell me, you know you can tell me anything," Ivy whispers to him reassuringly. His anger fades slightly, however he closes his eyes and creases his brow, showing that whatever it is, it's really bothering him.

"Thor is going to be crowned King of Asgard," he says and confusion washes over Ivy.

"But," she started, and he looked at her, intrigued by what she was going to say. "That's a good thing right?"

He sharply stood up, releasing his grip on Ivy, and lets out a frustrated growl. "Hey! What the hell?" She stands up to follow him across the room, but he ignores her.

"Loki!" She shouts at him and he stops walking away from her. He looks her in the eyes, anger and frustration clearly evident on his features. "What's going on?"

"I thought you would understand. Don't you understand?" He asks her, hope swimming in his eyes.

"No. I'm afraid I don't because there isn't much to understand." Loki released a loud and infuriated yell, and created a dagger to throw it at the wall. "Hey! That's not your wall! Loki you're going to have to tell me what's going on!"

"I'm jealous, okay? That's what's going on here. Thor as always been the favoured child, the favoured brother. And now it's just poetic that he is becoming King. But what about me? Odin, my own father has never shown any interest in me. It's always been Thor. Thor was chosen to go into battle. Not me, not both of us, but him. He's always been seen as such an amazing person who will make a great king some day and how he's so strong and good looking and popular. I just can't help but think; what about me? Did Odin ever think that maybe I wanted to be King? Why should that big oaf become the ruler of Asgard?"

Ivy slowly made her way towards Loki who had sunk down against the wall, hot tears silently streaming down his cheeks. She went and sat next to him and tangled her fingers in his hair, playing with the strands as he buried his face into her shoulder.

"I get that you're jealous. I know this is a hard time for you. But Thor is older, and he has his rights to the throne over you, however, that in no way means that you one day won't rule over Asgard or a planet. Who knows? Maybe Thor could unexpectedly die and who is going to be there to take his place? You will. Just because you're not the King now doesn't mean you won't ever will be."

"But why now? Why must he be crowned King now amidst all the attacks?" Loki queried.

"Loki, these attacks have been happening for years. Didn't you maybe think that Thor is being crowned because no one is scared of Odin anymore? Asgard needs a new protector. Someone who is young and menacing. Not," Ivy faltered for a moment and Loki looked up at her. "Old and annoying."

Loki exhaled deeply and ran his hands through his hair. "You're right. Gosh, I'm sorry I was acting so irrational."

Ivy smiled down at Loki. "That's what I'm here for. To keep you in check."

Ivy dried Loki's tears off his face and helped him get up. They moved over to the bed and buried themselves under the covers, falling asleep in one another's arms without another word.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*NOT EDITED*

i literally put zero effort into this chapter i'm so sorry! if you did happen to enjoy it though, please consider voting and commenting, it means a lot :) k bye! <3