Chapter Eleven

Ivy opened the door to her bedroom, fully expecting to find some old armour that was handed down by a small male warrior, but she found the exact opposite. She found a leather set that consisted of a breastplate, fingerless gauntlets, leather pants and there was a navy blue under armour made out of fine cotton. She found black combat boots neatly stacked next to each other on the floor next to her armour.

Her focus was taken away from her armour as she a heard faint rapping on her door. She opened it to find a maiden. "Morning Lady Ivy, I am your official maiden and will be at your service as long as you live on Asgard. I have orders to dress you in your armour for your training," Ivy stepped aside to let her maiden in.

"What is your name?" Ivy queried.

"Helka." Twenty minutes later Ivy stepped out into the courtyard. She spotted many familiar faces such as the princes, Thor's friends and some other people she often sees at school. Others came across as complete strangers. Odin and Frigga were stood off to the side, making light conversation with each other.

As she approached the princes, she could hear whispers from people who had their eyes trailing on her. "Who is she?", "I've never seen her before", "She is a fool to think she can surround herself with the princes", some people laughed.

She drew her attention away from the comments that were replaying all over in her brain. She knew that people didn't know who she was because her true identity was kept hidden, but it still hurt to have complete strangers make such assumptions.

"Lady Ivy!" Thor boasted before turning his head towards his snickering classmates and glared at them. That left them dumbfounded, their jaws nearly touching the floor. "I see you will be joining us in training along with Loki! You will learn plenty."

"Thank you Thor," Ivy replied, earning a sincere nod from him. Ivy felt a tap on her shoulder and she spun around to see a grinning Sif.

"It is such a relief to see another girl in here! I was practically losing my mind having to train will all this testosterone, but now we can kick their testosterone-arses together," Ivy giggled and nodded her head.

"Yeah, we sure can, when and if I learn to be as good as a fighter as you are." Ivy had heard stories of Sif's family. They were very wealthy, and her father was a diligent and ruthless warrior. Her mother, was one of the finest women in all of Asgard, after Frigga of course. Sif had been training to fight since the age of six, meaning she had been training for five years.

"Of course you will be! Thor tells me your father was a noble warrior and your mother a fine maiden. I am sorry to know that they are no longer with you. I pray they rest peacefully in Valhalla," Ivy's face twisted with confusion.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend," Sif apologised, suddenly worried that her new companion was hurt by the memory of her parents' death.

"No, no it is fine," Ivy replied. Why had Thor told Sif a lie? The whole reason why she had to keep her identity and past hidden was very vague. She would have to bring that up in a conversation with the God of Thunder.

"Attention!" The children all spun around sharply to see a tall man standing before them. He had his thick brown hair braided across his scalp and a scar that ran from his eye, all the way down to the middle of his neck. His menacing blue eyes pierced through any confidence that any of the children had found.

He shouted when he spoke, even though it wasn't necessary, spit flying from his mouth. "I am your trainer, for those of you who are new here. My name is Brynjar, and I will train you to be the finest warriors that Asgard will ever have. If you fail to meet my standards, you will be referred to the All-father himself.