Three: Lover boy

'I'm glad,' she said. 'I'm glad he had someone as lovely as you. To care about him. To think about when he woke up in the morning.'

How to Find Love, Veronica Henry

☣☣☣

Stella

Stella

Three days. Exactly three days after the big revelation Gwyneth had decided to tell us.

The theories were there, but it kept floating in a dispersive manner. Not vivid enough.

Of all, why would anyone would want to kill the unborn child? Did someone invent a fucking time machine in the future?

Or a Voldemort. Probably.

Gwyneth Purdom isn't a threat. I repeat, Gwyneth Purdom isn't a threat to anyone.

She wasn't Purdom's sole heir either, even after her mother took off, she'd had a brother already. Then when her father married another woman, she had a lot of siblings. Preferably step siblings.

Was Jasmine Beaumont-Purdom something else, and indifferent?

Or did the incognito murderer just want to wipe Jasmine out of the earth? If I wasn't mistaken, I heard Gwen complaining about seeing her mother in the tabloid, surfing with the Hawaiian pretty boys.

"Been thinking about me, Stells?" Almost jumped over the sudden interruption, warmth filled right next to me. In front of my eyes were the green grass of the stadium field and a cup of frozen yogurt.

Sweet baby Jesus, I've been dying for that.

There goes my diet...

"No way," Of course, I grabbed it instantaneously.

A deep chuckle erupted next to me, I turned my head to face the person.

No surprise.

"Hey, Charles." He smiled rather attractively as he stared at the green view in front of us. We were in our school's stadium, at the middle of many seats inside here.

"Charles sounds too fancy," He trailed in muse, not once did he glanced at my side. I snorted, then spooned the delicate ice-cream in heaven.

"Your teammates call you that," My eyes sauntered at the figures of athletes that started to warm up for practice as the State's competition were only days away. "Only in games," He responded, his voice was warm.

Yes, genius. I figured.

Charles sighed, "You're different,"
Then he tilted his head to look up at the sky. "Much more different than anyone I've ever met."

"Even Yoda?"

"Even Yoda."

Mother of hell.