𝐨𝐧𝐞

enjoy :) vote and comment.
________________________________

November 2036

I dug deeper into this dream of mine, tossing and turning in my bed sheets before the harsh sound of my name being called pulled me away from the world in my mind

"Gekyume!"

Quickly, I dragged the duvet over my head and sunk into my bed. Pursing my eyes shut but leaving my mouth open a little to make my sleeping look realistic.

I was fully aware that I was already thirty minutes late but I had no energy for school that day, especially not the first day back.

"Yumee, get up!"

My mom playfully jumped on top of me knowing I wasn't sleeping. She knew me inside out and knew I could never be late for anything.

Her tight curls brushed against my dry skin as she hovered over me still trying to get me to wake up.

"C'mon ma, no one calls me Yumee anymore.."
I groaned trying to push her off of me.

"Aha, so you are awake! And you don't seem to have a problem when your grandmother calls you that."

She continued rolling around my king sized bed. I chuckled at her remark and at the thought of my grandma.

"Yeah that's cause mama Cleo would beat my ass if I told her otherwise." We both burst out laughing.

My mother, Jenesis, was basically my best friend. I have not a clue what I'd do without her or who I'd be. She has always done an amazing job at being the best parent possible because of the absence of my father.

Jahseh Onfory, known to the world as XXXTENTACION. Even though I never got to meet and be with him, that was still my dad and I still see the impact he had on this world.

"Vamos, levantate!" She yelled again now sounding pissed off.

"Yuh nuh haffi rush mi mi kno wah mi haffi do." I grimaced as I began to make my bed.

She stood and watched my every move.

"So you really did enjoy summer with your grandfather huh?" My mom spoke.

Spending time with my grandad in Jamaica was unforgettable, meeting my family and realising how many of my characteristics came from them.

Of course I could never get enough of seeing my dad's baby photos, although most people say I have most of my mom's features.

"Mama Cleo speaks patois too, it ain't nothing new to me."

After explaining myself, I went off to do my usual morning routine, quickening my pace as the clock kept ticking.