𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

enjoy issa short one. vote:)
_____________________________

After getting ready, I sprayed on my Beyoncé Heat perfume and slipped into my vans

After getting ready, I sprayed on my Beyoncé Heat perfume and slipped into my vans. I slid my arms into my heavy jacket because I would never freeze for fashion.

Gekyume🤓🖤
You ready yet?

Me
Yh, send me the addy.

I texted back quickly, still waiting on a reply.

Gekyume 🤓🖤
Lmao what you need the addy for? Send me yours I'm coming to pick you up.

I froze at the text. I had never bought a boy home before and I wasn't planning to any time soon, my mom would have a fit and go over all her experiences. That's just her way of typically babying me.

Me
I'm not letting you into my house tho 💀

With that I sent him my address hoping I wasn't sounding too harsh on him. Maybe he'd think I was still mad at him for ruining my t-shirt.

Me
What car you driving?

Gekyume 🤓🖤
I'm not driving . We riding with Jahsiah. Hope you don't mind.

In an instant I felt myself full with regret. Why did I agree to go to this party if it was going to be filled with strangers, a klutz by the name of 'Gekyume' and not one but two girls that potentially already disliked me.

I left his text on read and hung out in the kitchen, feeding myself light snacks just in case there was no food at the party or nothing I liked.

Time passed and I had began to hope that I didn't have to go to this party at all, that they had stood me up.

Gekyume🤓🖤
I'm outside.

Leaving a note on the counter, I grabbed my bag and made my way outside seeing a grinning Gekyume leaning on a black Jaguar truck. This was going to be a long night.

"No Gekyume, she ain't getting in my car, you better tell ya lil' girlfriend to find her own ride to the venue!" Jahsiah scrolled through Netflix on the smart tv

"Besides, there's no space, I gotta get Joyri and Mykel." She continued.

"EEEH wrong! Joyri riding with Mykel, now you have no excuse. Stop being so fucking mean Siah damn.." I threw a pillow at her and left to go to the kitchen.

"G what's wrong with you why you cursing?" My mom yelled from her bedroom, quickly coming down the stairs.

Jahsiah ushered her to the living room ready to open her big ole' mouth and exaggerate everything. I sat on the kitchen island and observed the scene.

"Aunt Jen-" She began. Usually it would have been a prolonged 'biiiiitch' but she had to remember who she was talking to.

"So my special cousin, little brother, my everything-"

I rolled my eyes at her calling me 'little brother'. We were only two months apart.

"Ah you already being extra, ma don't listen to her!" I interrupted.

"Sssh, this is about to get good." She waved me off and gave Jahsiah her full attention.

Jahsiah has always been a good actress. Growing up she was always the lead in school plays was over dramatic in all she did. Things changed in high school though, she became more aware of what was being said about her and as much as she tried to keep the unbothered facade, it eventually got to her.

She never wants to let anyone know she's hurt or how she's feeling in general, she'd feel to vulnerable and that's how you get taken advantage of.

"Gekyume got a girlfriend." She dropped the four words like a bomb, launching my mom right to the kitchen.

Her eager eyes burned into mine and I immediately got up and put my hands up in defence.

"You didn't tell me you had a girl? What did I tell you about this stuff? Always come to me first!" Grabbing the nearest item, which happens to be a towel and hitting me with it.

"Ma, I don't have a girlfriend!" I yelled between hits.

"Let me explain." She finally stopped and sat next to me to hear my explanation.

Once I had explained it to her, she understood, leaving an agitated Jahsiah in fury.

"Siah stop this..please come on." I began when my mom left.

"I'm just taking her out tonight to say sorry and then we'll probably never speak to each other again."

"You can speak to her Gekyume, I can't control who you speak to but just don't get too comfortable, don't let her in. Okay?"

I could tell she was genuine. All she ever wanted to do was protect me, that's all anyone around me ever wanted to do. Although it was done out of good intentions it had become annoying.

"Jahsiah I'm going to let people into my life, I'm human I can do that. It won't just be you, me, Joyri, Mykel and family, there's more to life than family-"

"Okay enough I get it, I'm sorry."

An awkward silence sat in the room. I knew I had crossed the line by about half an inch with getting family involved. Family meant everything to her, she literally did not want to let anyone into her life unless they really sold and proved themselves to her.

"I'm going home to get ready. Tell that girl we coming to pick her up." Picking up her stuff, Siah headed for the door.

"That girl has a name and it's Anissa." I chuckled at her pettiness.

"tHaT giRl hAs a nAmE aNd iTs aNisSa!" She mocked me before leaving. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Love you Jah-Jah." I yelled before the door shut completely.

Siaaaah👸🏾
Love you too Yumeee.

________________________________

Thank you for reading. This is literally a filler chapter before I can kickstart the drama. What do you think will happen at the party? Don't forget to vote and comment, much love.