My mom walks into my room and wakes me up completely sober to my surprise. "Good morning honey I made some food this morning it's waiting for you in the kitchen you can eat it whenever you want."

I nod my head and she pulls me into a hug before pulling back and looking me in the face with sad eyes. As much as I hate people having pity on me it was nice to know my mom was sober for once. I go out of bed and pulled on a long sleeve shirt and a pair of jeans. I brushed my teeth and washed my face before heading to the kitchen.

I look around the front room and all the beer bottles were gone the room was cleaned up and the tables were cleaned off. I walk into the kitchen and find two pancakes on a plate along with bacon, eggs, and a cup of fruit. "Okay mom I know you feel bad but this is really too much."

"Really you think so it really didn't take me long to make."

"Thanks mom but you didn't have to."

"Honey please I love to make food for you whenever you're hungry."

"Thanks but really just act normal." I finish off eating without saying another word. "Alright mom I'm leaving now!"

"Okay have a good day at school." She wraps her arms around me and I'm not sure what to do for a second. It's been so long since someone hugged me, I wasn't use to it. I awkwardly wrap my arms around her and after a couple seconds she let's go. "See you after school."

I nod and walk out the door and sling my backpack onto my shoulder. I walk out the door of my apartment building. Kids screaming and laughing fill the air while adults talk among themselves. I make my way to school in a haze. What the fuck just happened I think.

I reach the school and walk straight to my locker the pig blood is cleaned off but the inside still stinks and some of my books have pig blood splattered across them.

"Hey there." Sarah's chirpy voice surprises me and I jump a little bit. "Did I scare you?"

"A little what has you in such a good mood?"

Sarah shrugs her shoulders and leans against the lockers. "Where were you yesterday I couldn't find you anywhere?"

"Oh I decided to stay home I wasn't feeling well."

"Oh okay sure you did how was your day with Theo?"

I freeze in place for a second but then remember something. "Depends how was your day with Ayden?"

Her cheeks heat up almost instantly. "How did you know about that?"

"Well lets just say Ayden can't exactly keep his mouth shut."

"Ugh whatever you wanna skip first period with me I need a smoke."

"Uh I really shouldn't I already missed two days in a row soon they're going to start calling home."

"Oh who cares it's not like your mom would care you know with her drinking problem and all."

"Wait how do you know about my mom's drinking problem?"

"Well lets just say your boy toy doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut either."

"Okay first of all I don't like him and second my mom stopped drinking recently."

"Yea sure you don't and tell me how long that last."

"I don't like him and please don't I'm really hoping my mom holds through."

"Well don't get your hopes up trust me I've had mine let down many times and trust me it's not fun."

I'm not sure what she means by this but it makes me feel like she's been through a lot.