30

I've been standing in Sarah's room for 15 minutes now and all I can do is stare at the window she left out of. I was helpless I just let Shari take my best friend I let her take Sarah from me and I couldn't do anything.

"Honey we should go before her parents get back I left the note on the counter top."

I look at my dad tears still pooling in my eyes. "I have to pack her stuff."

"What?!"

"We're going after her right?"

"I don't think we can."

"No we're going after them! I can't just let her die!"

"I'm not saying that Sam but we have no idea where she is and she will be killed before we even get there."

I shake my head and walk around Sarah's room grabbing a random bag and stuffing it with her stuff.

My dad grabs my arm, "Sam stop it's not worth it."

"You left the note we have to make it seem real." I said this but I knew it was because I had hope that she was still going to be alive when we found her.

"Okay hurry. I'll be out in the car."

I nod and pack the bag until it's full before grabbing another bag. I knew Sarah would want all of her favorite clothes and I had to bring them. Once I was done I went back out side and slid into the seat of the car.

My dad took one more look at the house before pulling off.

We walk into the house and everyone is waiting in the living room with bags at their feet.

"Where is Sarah?" Theo asks

Tears start to swell up again and before I could answer my dad does for me. "Shari took her." He places his hand on my back and I look down at the floor.

"What?!" Theo jumps up and looks around the room. "So what are we going to do?"

"What can we do. We have no idea where they went she's probably already killed her." The man I don't know the name of says.

"I can find out." Theo says hopping up and running to his room. He comes back with his laptop. "I'm pretty sure Shari has her phone with her and I can track her by her number."

My eyes light up as his fingers fly over his laptop.

"Found her she's...at our hangout."

"What?!" I take the laptop and look at the screen. "She is."

"Well why are you guys sitting around looking shell shocked load up the car we gotta get your friend and get the hell out of here!" My Dad says while grabbing bags and swing them over his shoulder.

We all snap out of it and grab our bags running out to the two black cars parked outside. Once everything is packed we get in the cars and ride over to the hangout.

***

We park on the back side of the hangout and get out of the car.

"So what's the plan?" I ask as I move some hair out of my face.

"The plan is for us to go in and save Sarah while you wait here." My Dad responds as he rounds to the trunk.

"But that's not fair! She's my friend I think my face is the first one she wants to see."

"I don't care Sam it's to dangerous for you to be following us into this." After he says this he ignores me and continues to talk to the rest of them about the plan. "Theo I want you to go in and distract Shari and Sam's mom is going to cover you from behind while the rest of s set up farther into the trees."