26

We arrive at Sean's house and my mom gets out and adjust her dress. "Sam I know I said I would do this but that was before I found out they lived in a freaking resort hotel!" She starts rushing back to the car but I grab her arm and pull her towards me.

"Mom stop it's going to be fine. No put your big girl panties on and let's go."

"Fine." She tightens her grip on her clutch. I squeeze her hand and we walk up to the door.

I ring the door bell and within seconds a women who looks like his older sister answers the door. She's wearing an elegant black slit dress and her hair is parted to one side styled in waves. "Hello you must be Sam and you must be Sam's mother. I'm Sean's mom." She puts out her hands and my mom takes it first then me.

"It's nice to meet you too." I smile brightly and maybe a little awkwardly

"Well come in Sean has done nothing but talk about you since we've gotten home. It's nice to finally put a face with the name." She moves to the side and we walk in.

"Your house is lovely." My mom comments trying to place herself in the conversation.

"Why thank you. It takes a lot of money to get it like this."

"I can imagine."

"Sam why don't you go upstairs with Sean I'm sure he would love to see you. I'll call you when the food is ready and your mom can join me in the kitchen."

"Okay." I smile at my mom who looks like a nervous wreck.

I climb the stairs in my heels which I'll say is harder than going down them. I walk into Sean's room who is standing in front of the mirror fixing his tie up.

His eyes go big when he sees me walk in and he turns towards me. "You look amazing Sam." I walk over to him and he places his hands on my hips. "I can't believe your all mine."

"Well believe it." I smile and he captures my lips with his.

"How is your mom doing?"

"She tried to bail when she saw the house but I stopped her. Right now she's downstairs talking to your mom."

"Well I hope she's getting along with her better than I do."

"Oh baby I'm sure everything is fine. But as for you, you look amazing in this tux."

"Thanks I try to look good for you." He kisses my lips and pulls me into a tight hug. "I can get my sister to ask your mom if you can stay the night."

"Um I don't know my mom probably wouldn't fall for that."

"My sister can just say she wants to get to know you more so she wants to have a sleepover with you."

"We can try it but I don't think it will work."

"Trust me it will. I'll go ask her now make yourself comfortable." He disappears out the door and I sit on the bed.

I look at my phone and see Sarah's name I'm about to respond when there's a knock on the door.

"Hey I'm Sean's father as you may recall my wife wanted me to say hello so hello." He goes to turn around but I stop him.

"Sir I just wanted to say sorry for the way I acted before I wasn't in the best of moods and that's no excuse for the way I acted but I just really wanted to say I'm sorry."

He looks at me with calculating eyes and after a moment of silence her answers. "It's fine I wasn't the nicest person either so I should be apologizing too."

"It's fine and I hope we can put this all behind us."

"Trust me it's all dead." He gives me one more look before exiting.