Chapter Twenty-Two: Touring Berk

Hiccup thought he felt someone breathing on him just as he was beginning to wake up, though he was too lazy to open his eyes. It didn't smell like his dragon's fishy breath. In fact, it smelled kind of pleasant. There was also a comforting weight resting on his chest.

He wondered if it was Astrid and so, groggily snaked an arm around the figure's waist.

"Well good morning to you too, m'lady."

The chief opened his eyes, and saw a male with dark hair laying horizontally across him.

He shrieked and sat up, shoving the man off in surprise.

Toothless was fast asleep when someone pushed him off the bed. He screeched in annoyance at being woken up. He groaned and sat up, his eyes still closed as he wanted to savour his last moments of sleep. His hair was all over the place, looking like a tornado had recently spun through it.

"Cold," he whined and snatched the blankets off Hiccup.

"Hey!" he cried in reply, shivering in the cold, "I thought you said you were fine with what you had!"

"Was cold... Shhhhh..." his best friend shushed him and murmured sleepily, "Five more minutes..."

"Oh no you don't! Give me that!" Hiccup said and tugged the blankets away from him, wanting to keep the warmth for himself.

Toothless groaned and sat up, glaring at him. Hiccup had to clench his fist in an effort to not burst out laughing at how stupid his hair looked. It genuinely looked like a bird's nest. He even had drool on his face!

"Gimme the blanket!"

"No! It's mine! You were supposed to sleep on the floor!"

"Your hair is terrible!"

"Yours looks worse!"

"GIVE ME THE BLANKET!"

"YOU'LL HAVE TO CATCH ME!"

Hiccup booked it, leaving Toothless in the dust. He barrelled downstairs, hair strewn all over the place and in his pyjamas. Toothless was in his underwear because he didn't have pyjamas. 

Cloudjumper jolted at the sudden commotion before he looked on in annoyance at the two.

"GIVE THAT BACK TO ME!"

"IT'S MINE! GET YOUR OWN!"

"YOU DIDN'T GIVE ME MY OWN!"

"YOU SAID YOU DIDN'T NEED ONE!"

They chased each other round and round the table. Toothless slammed his palms on the table and shot him a glare.

"Hand it over, fishbones."

"Not a chance!"

Toothless leapt over the table and onto Hiccup as they began to wrestle on the floor. He roared and pounced on his metal leg, but the latter did the same, hoping to disengage the other.

The blanket was dropped and kicked further away at Valka's feet as they fought.

"What are you boys doing?"

Sirena peeked over the taller woman's shoulders from behind her.

"Mom! Toothless took my blanket!"

"He didn't give me my own blanket!"

"YOUR HAIR LOOKS LIKE A BIRD'S NEST!"

"YOURS LOOKS LIKE A GRONCKLE'S NEST!!"

"I don't remember having two," Valka muttered before she yelled, "THAT'S ENOUGH!"