Chapter 2

Greg's P. O. V.

Remember how I said that Mom was up to something? The cat was out of the bag today...

Earlier that morning...

It was nine o'clock and I was on the couch playing Twisted Wizard as usual when Mom strode over and yanked the console out of my hands. Finally Mom's starting to care, I thought, but still opened my mouth to protest.

"Mom!! You can't do that, I was only playing for a while!!!" I whined.

"You can have it back after I finish talking to you. Go wake Rodrick up too, I need to talk to him as well." Mom instructed. I went to wake Rodrick without a word, wrapped in my thoughts. Why was Mom being so suspicious? Did we do anything wrong? What if...what if... she was going to send us to boarding school so we can become more civilized?  The last thought chilled me... BANG! A yell was let loose and I realized it was from my mouth, having unknowingly banged my nose on Rodrick's door.

"Oy, pea brain! What's your problem?!" Rodrick opened the door and snapped, annoyed that he hasn't slept enough although he probably went to sleep at nine. (this is what Rodrick does during the holidays and weekends).

"Sorry, but Mom told me to wake you up because she needed to talk to the both of us." I murmured, and Rodrick instantly whacked me on the head.

"You idiot!! You told Mom about what I did at Leo's house, right?!" Rodrick yelled, bringing up the toilet paper incident that I caught him red-handed.

"No I did not!" I retorted, "It's simply your guilty conscience!" Rodrick rolled his eyes, but reluctantly followed me to the living room.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Rodrick's P. O. V.

Man, I can't believe Greg woke me up so early. I mean, it's only ten in the morning!

I knew that whatever Mom was going to tell us, it can't be good. I just hope it isn't about Lodëd Diper and me toilet papering our nemesis, Jack Wilson's, house. Yet, part of me still cannot shake off the feeling that something major is going on.

"Hey Greg," I muttered, "You sure you don't know what is going on? I have a very bad feeling about this." Greg shrugged, but I can see the worry in his dark brown eyes. My heart sank horribly, thinking about the suspense in the atmosphere.

We climbed up the stairs in silence, each absorbed in our own thoughts. Just as we were turning away from the kitchen to the living room, I stopped as I saw what was in front of me. My heart thudded violently and all of a sudden I felt dizzy. It wasn't just Mom.

Man, Dad was there too.

A/N
Hope you guys enjoyed this book and thank you so much for reading. This story is officially ranked fourth on diary of a wimpy kid ❤