Chapter 10

Charlotte's P. O. V.

Surprisingly, with the amount of people here, I managed to find a big one. I placed all the bags inside and just when I was about to stand up, a tap on my shoulder made me turn around.

"Hey! Are you Charlotte Chang, the influencer?" a girl with blonde hair asked excitedly. Uh oh, this is was exactly what I was dreading. Being a social media star, there are cons. Everywhere I go, no matter how hard I try, there is always an eagle eyed person that spots me. Worse case scenario being my name shouted out.

"Yes, I am." I replied and smiled, resigning to my fate. Her reaction was the typical fan's reaction. Eyes lighting up and squealing.

"Oh my goodness, I've always wanted to meet you! Now you are finally here!" she squealed.

"That's nice. Well, your wish has come true, with yours truly here." I replied. This girl seems nice.

"Do you mind if I tell my friend that you're here? She's a huge fan of you, more than me and I think she'll love to see you." the girl asked.

"Sure. But do it discreetly, will you? I don't want to attract a crowd." I whispered when someone turned her head to look at me. Her eyes widened in shock, seeing me. I knew it. Someone recognized me, and she's going to shout it out to the whole world. I panicked internally, bracing myself for instant silence which will then be followed by squeals and screams.

It never came, though. All I got was being nearly knocked down as she rushed towards me in a bear hug.

"Oh my geez I can't believe it's you I'm your biggest fan!" she screamed, so high-pitched that she lost her voice. Whew, that was close. I suppose that's her friend, then.

"Woah woah, chill. I sure have a lot of fans, eh?" I joked, but the girl that hugged me nodded fervently.

"So what brings you here? Plainview is so...plain." the girl in blonde hair asked, saying the exact same thing when I came here.

"Well, it's a bit complicated and since I haven't revealed it to social media yet and I don't think I will for a while, do you promise to keep it a secret?" I asked, creating a mysterious aura. What am I thinking? Yet, there was something about them that made me trust those girls.

The two girls nodded, one of them saying, "You can trust us. I've kept a secret for many years and it's still not out yet."

"Alright then," I paused, confirming my decision, "I'm here to visit my twin brother."

There was a moment of shell shocked silence as the bombshell was dropped on them. Blonde hair girl's jaw dropped and her face went weird. The other girl looked as if someone shoved a pie in her face, I really didn't know how to describe it in any other way. After a while, they came back to their senses, and blonde hair girl choked out, "If you don't mind me asking, who is your twin brother? I know a lot of seventh graders in Plainview, so I might know him."

"Oh that's fine. He's Greg Heffley, does it ring a bell?" I asked nervously.

Both girls stared at each other on utter disbelief.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Greg's P. O. V.

"Rowley! Hey Rowley!" I hollered. After squeezing around so many people till I was sick. Thankfully, Rowley didn't miss me. He spun around and yelled back with enthusiasm, "Hey Heffley junior!"

We ran towards each other and I slapped him on the back.

"Hey, we have to go soon. Your mom's signalling to you." Rowley said. I spun around and I saw her mouthing, "Go find your sister." I gave an ok as the reply.

"I think she's at the lockers, let's go." I said, taking the lead and Rowley followed suit.

"Greg look! She's there!" Rowley exclaimed, really excited, "Oh my god she's talking to Holly Hills and Angelina Rose! Greg, here's your chance! Go and impress!"

Oh my, I can't believe it. How did Charlotte manage so accomplish feats like this? I didn't even tell her who they were, and yet this happens.

A/N
Hope you guys enjoyed this! :D
Sorry for the weird cliffhanger but I really don't want another case of "too long a chapter till my fingers ache from typing", plus I cannot afford to dip in the ranking any further 😬
Happy reading!