Chapter 7

Rodrick's P. O. V.

I am so jealous of Greg. It's not fair, he has a freaking sister that is looks like a goddess! This is going to get awkward, man. Sooner or later she's going to see me staring at her, but it's not my fault that I can't take my eyes off her! Her hair is so smooth and her clothes are so chic. That polar bear is so cute, I wonder where she got it from.

Us teens and Manny are barely communicating with each other, just sitting here, absorbed in our own thoughts.

"Susan, Frank, I'm really sorry but I have to go now. I have a flight to catch to Australia for a conference at midnight so I have to go to the hotel and pack my stuff." Dad said apologetically, before continuing, "Charlotte, please take care of yourself. Be a good girl and obey your mother and Frank. He may not be your father but you still have to obey him. Be nice to your brothers and lastly, study hard. Call home at least once a week and text your mother and I every day."

"Yes I will. Don't worry dad. Good luck for your conference." Charlotte replied, giving him a hug. She has good manners too.

"No worries, Bob. Charlotte will be safe and comfortable here with us, since there are three boys to interact and have fun with." Frank assured him.

"Thank you so much. I guess it's time for me to leave." Dad said, shaking Frank's hand. Mom and Frank sent him out and exchanged yet another blessing, before coming back in.

"Alright everyone, dinner is almost ready. Frank, scoop out the spaghetti and meatballs and add the sauce. Boys, wash up and get ready. Charlotte, I'll show you your room. Come on." Mom ordered, before beckoning to Charlotte to accompany her.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Charlotte's P. O. V.

I just reached my mother's home and I feel so comfortable. My other family must be really hospitable to make me feel so at home. There are so many thing I would like to do while I'm in America. Visit Capezio, gymnastics, dance, bonding with my brothers and school. Hmmm, how will American public schools be like?

"What's in this suitcase of yours? It's so heavy!" Mom asked, amused by the weight of my suitcase.

"I'm staying here for a few months, so there's a lot of stuff. Plus my school stuff." I replied. Mom gave a confused look, "What do you mean by school stuff?"

I laughed, "So you know in Singapore the parents are very competitive and my parents were influenced by them so they are one too, but not the extreme kind. Since secondary school is really stressful, they made me bring my school stuff to self study so when I go back I won't struggle too much when I go back."

"Wow. That's intense. How's your life nowadays?" Mom asked. I smiled, thinking of all the lovely homework that's piling on me.

"Um, school's great, I got into the dance team and the homework, can be overwhelming sometimes." I replied.

"That's good to hear, I'm so proud of you! Alright, here's your room. It's a guest room and I've prepared some essentials, like a table lamp and a small table for you to study. It's not much." Mom said.

I gasped. This room was twice as spacious as my room back home. The bed was queen sized, and yet Mom said it was nothing much? Why, I can fit a whole sofa in here and I'll still have room to do splits!

"Woah, this is amazing. I love it, thank you Mom!" I exclaimed, giving her a bear hug, only to realise how awkward I made it for the two of us, since we never hugged ever since I was a baby.

"I'm glad you like it, honey," Mon smiled, "Come on, let's go for dinner, we'll pack your stuff later. I made spaghetti with meatballs, and more cookies for dessert." My heart leaped upon hearing that there were more cookies. They tasted so heavenly! Speaking of cookies though...