22 | "emilio's a very messy eater"

There was something about the way her voice echoed in his ears that awakened his senses as soon as he hit the green 'accept' button to end the torturous ringtone that had essentially woken him up. It was funny really, to think that even after all these months her sweet melodic voice had the same effect on him. When her laughter made its way into his ears, all Miles could imagine was the way her eyes sparkled and her face glowed when he laughed away with her the very first time they met. It was a glorious moment that he held close to his heart and it was also then that Miles realized that it wasn't the same effect. It was different, more amplified, as waves of electricity rushed through each aspect of his body, igniting the power of his senses by ten folds.

Or, maybe his senses were intensified only because Kenzie was yelling at eight-thirty in the morning.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DON'T LIKE CHOCOLATE, MILESS!!??!!

"You know yelling it any louder, won't change the fact that I don't like it."

"I'm sorry." Kenzie murmured, quieting down for a split second before bursting Miles' eardrums. "BUT, WHAT SANE PERSON DOESN'T LIKE CHOCOLATE!!!"

Miles winced. Praying to the lord above that he wouldn't need hearing aids sooner than he anticipated on getting, but continued to smile while he rubbed the pain away.

"You know what I don't understand."

"What?"

"How is tiramisu your favorite cake?! it's literally half chocolate!

"I don't know what tiramisu cake you have been eating, but the one I eat is coffee flavored not chocolate."

"And, I've heard chocolate and coffee are related."

"They are not related."

"Yes, they are!"

"What experts have said that?"

"The chocolate and coffee experts duh!! Come on Miles, I thought you were smarter than that!!" Kenzie giggled.

"And...would this so-called chocolate and coffee expert be you....? He narrowed his eyes as if she was sitting right across from him.

"...maybeeee..."

"You know, you have to like coffee to be considered a coffee expert."

"I do like coffee." Kenzie huffed.

"Whaa...what...You literally called me this morning screaming in my ear that you hate coffee and how it didn't help the bitter attitude of people but only added to it."

"Yeah! And, I still don't understand why bitter people drink coffee, it's not helping you, it's only making you even more bitter!!!"

"That lady really did get on your last nerve."

"And, I was only being nice to her!"

Miles couldn't help but laugh, that's all he seemed to do when Miles talked to Kenzie. He laughed wholeheartedly, enjoying each second spent talking to her and now that he had met her, Miles was looking forwarding to enjoying each second spent with her.

Because time talking or even hanging out with her was precious, precious time he wouldn't dare to waste.

"Why are you laughing?!"

"Because your logic is flawless."

"It's not logic, it's common sense!"

Miles continued to laugh without a care in the world, forgetting that he had started getting ready for a final exam.