25 | "happy birthday kenzie"

There was a girl in front of her. A girl whose smile grew day by day and her crystal blue eyes shone brightly with happiness. This girl didn't have any worries or fears that took over her life. Instead, she elated with confidence, restored confidence, making her feel alive and feeling less vulnerable to the outcomes of her life. This girl in front of her was living to live and making memories to cherish forever. It was addicting, this life she had grown accustomed to, to live day by day without a care in the world, doing things she had never even dared to do. It was all so addicting, and she didn't know what she do when her curse caught up to her, forcing her to fall apart. But, one thing was for sure she was stronger now, way more confident in herself and if anything she was going to fight against her curse. In fact, she already was.

For now, she couldn't help but adore the girl that stood in front of her because Kenzie loved this version of her. She loved it way too much to let go of it anytime soon, and she wouldn't dare to.

Kenzie adjusted her bangs, loving the way her sleeveless black tweed dress elongated her petite frame, and the white turtleneck that peaked through had tiny ruffles at the ends of the sleeves. To bare the cold she wore her black stockings and suede black knee-high boots, and to complete the look Kenzie wore her favorite pearl earrings, the charm bracelet with a silver bunny charm attached to it and her usual three stone bar necklace.

She couldn't resist the smile that appeared on her face, as Kenzie continued to admire her reflection in the mirror. She looked beautiful, felt beautiful.

"Hey, Kenzie." Someone knocked on her door before she heard it open. "Are you ready?" Kenzie's sibling stood at her door dressed formally.

"I am." She smiled heading towards them.

"You look beautiful, Kenzie." Wesley and Lainey said in union, and Kenzie's smile turned into a full-blown grin.

"Thank you. You look as handsome as ever Wes and Laine you look absolutely gorgeous." She said giving each over siblings a peck on the cheek before they headed downstairs.

They were on there a way to Mama Dolce and Papa Leo's house for their annual Christmas Eve dinner. After Kenzie politely denied the couple's invite on many occasions. They brought Miles to the rescue who begged her to come, and Kenzie not having the strength in her bones to stay no decided that there was no harm in being apart of a holiday that was meant to spend with family and friends. That was the charm of the holiday season, a charm Kenzie couldn't remember being a part of especially since she was—-

"Oh my god," Kenzie whispered in absolute shock as the realization hit her.

"What?" Lainey and Wesley turned around staring at her with their eyes widened.

Kenzie blinked a few times, feeling something warm run down her cheek.

"Are you okay?" Lainey walked up to her wiping away a lone tear that had fallen.

Kenzie took a deep breath, showcasing a smile. "It's just this is the first Christmas Eve and Christmas I haven't spent in the hospital." She sighed feeling every bit grateful.

They all looked at each other, sadness yet gratefulness filled in each siblings' eyes, and before Kenzie could say another word she was engulfed by both Lainey and Wesley, melting into the hug. It was truly a miracle for all three of them to be not spending their holidays stuck in an antiseptic smelling room. It was truly a first. Soon they pulled away, each sibling wiping the tears away.

"Now come one, I'm pretty sure there's a special someone who can't wait to see you." Wesley smiled, just as all three of them shuffled out the front door with their hearts full