bonus chapter | 01 | wrong number

Chapter One: Miles' POV

There was something so calming about the way the stars twinkled in the dark navy blue sky.

Miles had never really been the type to lay on his back and stare at the stars. But, he did just that tonight. Staring deeply at the swirls of black and dark blue hues that made up the night, admiring the flickers of light that decorated the sky. A sense of happiness washing over him as a ghost of a smile crept on to his face at the sight above him.

It was like all of the galaxy's brightest stars came out to purposely light up the sky in order to make him feel less lonely. To subside the ache in his chest and make the hole in his heart much smaller. But, even though Miles felt at peace staring at the balls of flickering dust, there was this sense of longing he desired for, someone to accompany him as he stood in the large backyard that was surrounded by tall trees that wanted to touch the sky but never seemed close enough to.

Miles sighed. As he turned around to head inside the party filled house, a bright light caught the corner of his eye. When he turned around, he came into view with a shooting star that was slowly crossing over the sky. Miles really wasn't a believer in wishing upon a star but for some odd reason he couldn't turn away and when his eyes closed on their own, he wished.

I wish to find a home.

He opened his eyes, not a trace of the shooting star was left behind. Maybe it was a fathom of his imagination. The realization of his wish hitting him, a silly little wish that would never come true. A wish that made him sound every bit ungrateful because Miles did have a home, a wonderful one. One filled with so much love, laughter, and happiness but even having that, there was still something missing from his life. He could feel it in his chest.

Miles released another audible sigh only for the trees to hear, walking away from the infinite stars that danced around the full moon. Feeling a subtle breeze run through his messy locks and lightly caress the skin on his arms, the light hairs standing up tall in attention.

His hand grabbed on to the knob of the door, turning it to the right to open door. He entered the house, hearing the loud music buzzing in his ears. Neon green, yellow, pink, and blue lights bouncing off the walls in the darkness. There were people everywhere with red and blue solo cups in their hands, sipping away their drinks. Some even dancing quite exotically in the middle of the living room, whiles others just talked their life away. It was chaos compared to the quietness he endured seconds ago.

"God, there you are Emilio! I have been looking for you everywhere. Where the hell did you go?"

Miles turned his head to the sound of his name, his eyes slowly flicking across the room until the person came into view.

"Hey. What's going on?" He questioned one of his twin brothers, Gabrielle.

"Katy's being an absolute witch."

Miles snorted. Katy was an absolute witch.

"She's freaking psychotic. Bossing me around like I'm her little minion. Do that, do this, don't put that there, put it up there instead. And, every time I step away for even a second, she calls me, she FREAKING calls me! Like how the hell does she even have my number? I most certainly have never given it to her! How does Donnie even put up with her? She's freaking CRAZY!

Miles opened his mouth to calm his brother but before he could say anything, his brother went on another rampage.

"I don't understand how I always get stuck in situations like this. You and Rafaelle can easily slip away. But, me, I always seem to get stuck. I'm so done being nice. The next time she, no if ANYBODY asks me for a favor I'm going to say HELL NO!" Gabe breathed in and out trying to calm his frustration and Miles had to contain the laughter bubbling inside of him.