Chapter 12

Dwight's point of view

Finally, Monday arrives. Jim stayed at my house the whole weekend. I'm going to give him a key to my house. I know it's too early in our relationship to be giving him a key but honestly, we knew each other for over of  4 years and just want him to know that if he ever needs somewhere to go, he always has a place on my farm. 

But first I need to make a copy of my key but I'll just do that later. 

I get out of bed and I wake Jim up. He groaned and tiredly said," What do you want Dwight?"

" Jim get up. We have to go to work".

Jim yawned and said," I don't feel like going to work".

" Know you don't. Now hurry up and get dressed".

Jim nodded and got of bed. We both got dressed and made our way down to the kitchen.
I made egg and bacon tacos for us.

"Dwight I'm um... thinking about telling my parents and brothers that I'm gay. And I was wondering um... if you would come with me to my parent's house this Friday?", Jim responded looking at me.

" Of course Jim I'll come."

" Thank you".

" I would do anything for you, Jim. Alright, I'm going to head out. I'll see you at work".

Jim smiled and said," Yes you will".

I left the house and got into 1987 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am. I cracked up the music all the way as I drove to Dunder Mifflin. Then one of my favorite songs Take Me Home, Country Roads by John Denver came on and I couldn't help but sing along to the song.

" Country roads, take me home
To the place, I belong
West Virginia, mountain mama
Take me home, Country Roads

All my memories gather round her,
Miner's lady, stranger to blue water
Dark and dusty, painted on the sky
Misty taste of moonshine, teardrop in my eye

Country roads, take me home
To the place, I belong
West Virginia, mountain mama
Take me home, Country Roads", I sang.

  10 minutes later I arrived at work. I walked inside the workplace and greeted Pam and Michael. I then walked over to my desk and sat down.

Jim showed up 10 minutes later. 

During lunch time me and Jim made our way to the break room. Jim, as usual, got a bag of Cheetos and a can of grape soda. We sat down at one of the tables in the back of the room.

" Jim you should eat more healthy", I said.

" Shh... My body. My rules", he said.

Sometimes I wish he would just listen to me.

" Alright, Fine I'll stop pestering you about what you eat".

" Thank you".

We finished eating and we were about to leave the break room when Jim pressed me up against the wall and kissed me.

I pushed him away slightly and quietly said" Jim not here. What if someone sees us?", I remarked.

" Dwight who's going to see us? No one's here."

" Well, I'm not taking any chances".

" I don't know about that", Jim said as he wrapped his hands around my neck and kissed me so gentle and slow.  I returned the kiss.

" Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!", Kelly yelled out in excitement.

Me and Jim quickly pulled away from each other. Unsure what to do or say next and that's when Kelly spoke up again. 

" Oh my God! How long have you two been together for?", she asked excitedly.

" Um... Kelly can you not tell anyone, please. We uh... trying to keep it a secret", Jim informed.

" Yeah", I added.

" Oh, sure thing. Anything for you cuties".

"Thanks", I said.

"So how long have you two been dating for?", she asked again.

I wish Kelly didn't see us kissing because now she's going to be all nosy. 

Jim spoke up and told her", we have only been together for only for a few weeks now".

" Awww!!", she yelled out in excitement as she jumped up and down. " Tell me everything. Who kissed first?"

" I was the one who kissed first. I couldn't take it anymore. I was madly in love with him and all I wanted to do was be with Dwight", Jim answered smiling widely at me.
I smiled back.

" Oh my gosh! That's the cutest thing I ever heard!".

" And I still can't believe that I'm finally with the most amazing man ever.  I wouldn't know what to do without him. He's so perfect. So sweet. So amazing. He's the best thing that ever happened to me", Jim replied.

Tears formed in my eyes and came running down my face. Hearing what Jim said made me tear up because what he said was just so sweet. 

"Dwight what's wrong?", Jim asked in concern.

" Nothing's wrong. These are tears of happiness. You made me the happiest man alive and for that, I love you Jim Halpert", I replied smiling.

" I'm glad I make you happy".

" Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!", Kelly chanted.

We look at Kelly, then we look at each other and then we kiss each other lovingly.