Distress

A/N: Broadwing looks similar to Predaking, as the picture, except he different shades of blue instead of orange and yellow. He also has two tails and claws at the joints of his wings, and has six legs instead of four.

Also please check out my other story:

Setting sun

If you like this one, you will love Setting Sun! Promise!

~~~~~~~~~~~

In her mind, Rachel was currently conversing with Broadwing and Jazz. It had been two weeks since the incident, and they had begun training in her mind so she could master the 'mind meld' in battle if needed. When fighting, she could call upon Broadwing at a time of need, and their minds would essentially become one. Having been at it nightly for two weeks, they agreed on a break as the strain was starting to effect her outward attitude and personality.

"I believe it wise to tell the others what we are doing. Optimus at least. That way, if something were to go wrong, they would be ready to help." Broadwing suggests, for the fifth time those two weeks. Rachel still shakes her head, but before she can say her usual spiel, Jazz interjects. "Lil' lady, it will do no one any good if you go down in mental strain in the middle of a battle and no one knows what's happening."

Rachel still begins to protest, but she stops mid word. She sighs in defeat. "You're both right, I'm just worried they will take it the wrong way. They may not understand or-" Jazz suddenly breaks out in laughter, and even Broadwing releases a chuckle. Rachel glares at them and the mech calms down. "Wooooh! Lil' lady, you know better than that! I just-I can't believe you actually said that." He turns to the girl and sighs. "Ratchet is one hell of a doctor, he'd understand the most, and if Bossbot is as smart as I remember, he'll catch on easily."

Rachel releases a defeated sigh. "I-I.... Gah, I know. I'm just... I-I'm scared..." She grabs her arms and squeezes them as she hugs herself. Her eyes shut, and Broadwing gazes at the girl in worry. Such a small life form that was filled with unnatural strength was scared at a simple change in...

Well, everything.

He nods his head in understanding. Jazz turns his optics to the predacon, then to the young femme. "Hey, kiddo, 'salright. I get the feelin' you aren't the only one." Rachel turns to look at Jazz, who gives her a soft smile. "Ya think wakin' up in someone elses body, after being completely ripped apart, makes me feel safe?" Rachel's eyes widen, and Jazz quickly adds, feeling her sudden guilt. "I-I-I mean, I'm more than h-happy I ended up here! Imagine me, stuck with this dude," He gestures to Broadwing. "In some..... Some 300 pound dude named Chuck who lives in his mom's basement in suburban Detroit!"

Rachel bursts into laughter, and the tension in the room suddenly dissipates. Broadwing releases a sigh of relief. His gaze turns upward, and he softly speaks. "It seems your body is awaking from recharge. Until next we meet, young Rachel." Rachel takes a deep breath, then sighs. "Yeah... Alright. Y'all don't have too much fun without me now." Jazz chuckles. "It's kinda hard to do that. You're all around us!"

Before she can reply, Rachel wakes up. Stretching her limbs, she releases a mighty yawn and rolls over...

Right of her bed.

With an oomph, the young girl pushes herself up and sits against the legs of her bed. Her eyes open slowly and fall on the large, recharging cybertronian before her. She gives a soft smirk at the Prime, who had decided that she could stay in his berthroom since they had a shortage of rooms for the humans as well. Ratchet was currently fixing that problem, but he and the Prime both agreed that his berthroom would be safer since Optimus is more cautious than the others.