One Shall Fall

[Rachel POV]

"Ratchet!" I shout, as the machine I have been working on finally powers on...

And stays on for more than five seconds.

The yellow medic races over, and I swing my tail happily. "I think I finally got it to work!" I look up and see the joy and pride in his optics, and I blush as he gently taps one digit on my back. "Well done, Rachel. This will definitely help us greatly." Before either can say anything else, a siren blares, and Wheeljack, who was standing at the computers, shouts. "We got a problem, doc!"

Ratchet grumbles, but quickly moves to the wrecker. "What seems to be the issue n-By the Allspark...." Rachel feels her energon run cold, and Jazz's spark sinks. 'It's never good when the doc says that....' Rachel only nods, feeling Broadwing walk in from the subconsciousness. He says nothing as Rachel carefully flies up onto the platform near the computers. "What's going on?" My voice gives away my worry, and Ratchet gestures to the screens. "Optimus took Smokescreen and Bumblebee on a scouting mission near a large, exposed piece of energon.... And it seems it was a trap...."

My eyes widen as I turn to face the screen, spotting several purple Decepticon symbols surrounding the three Autobot symbols. I swiftly rush over and bring up their vitals. Smoke and Bee were fine, but Optimus....

His vitals were barely noticeable.

I gasp, and shove the stats on the larger screens. "Ratch! Grab the med kit. Wheeljack, with me." I rip my watch off and slam it on the side of my head. Turning, I launch off the platform as Wheeljack rushes towards the back, most likely finding a suitable weapon while I contact the others. "Arcee! Do you read me?" My panic seems to affect her as she instantly reply. "Arcee here. What's going on?" 

"Optimus is in danger of getting snuffed out, and I need backup. Where are you?" Arcee grunts, and I hear a familiar voice behind her. "With Jack scouting as well. Can you bridge us back quickly?" Ratchet cuts in now, saying, "Already sending a bridge!" I hear the ground bridge roar to life, but I'm racing back to my berthroom. I had to grab my rifle. I tap on the com again, contacting Bulkhead. "Yo, Rach! What's th-"

"No time, Miko. I need Bulkhead back here now!"

"Woah, woah! Easy, there. What's going on?" She asks, her worry starting to show. I try to refrain from shouting while removing my rifle from the rack. "Optimus is in danger! Send Bulkhead back now!" I hear Miko gasp, and Bulkhead's engine roars in the background. "Groundbridge." He says, and I hear it power on again. Quickly, I make my way back, my wings folded against my back to allow me to move faster. "Ratchet! Is everyone here?"

The doc-bot nods, and I look around. Wheeljack had returned with a relic we had recently retrieved, the Immobilizer, and the others were switching their servos to weapons already. I gaze around, spotting Jack and Miko on the platform. I fly up to them, worry on my face. "Where's Raf?" Jack looks over to Miko, who looks back at him. "We thought he was here! With...."

My energon freezes.

I turn back around, gazing at the faceplates of the bots around me. They were all now fear stricken even more. I needed to come up with a plan... and fast!

Think Rachel, think! We need more firepower.... but how can we get that from so far...

Wait, that's it!

"Jack! Contact Agent Fowler. As soon as we go through the groundbridge, bridge him here once he confirms the army is ready with as much firepower as they can procure." Jack looks at me, perplexed, and I quickly push him to a computer. "Just do it! I will explain in a minute!" He nods, and quickly gets ahold of the man. I turn to Miko. "Listen, Ratchet is coming with us in case Optimus is in that bad of shape. I need you to man the sats. Do you remember how?" Her face hardens, and she nods in determination. "I'm on it, R-Girl."