Mission: Chernobyl

A/N: Okay, I may be writing in POV from now on because trying to keep up with everyone was starting to wear on me and I wasn't getting what I wanted out of each chapter. I want to give you guys every ounce of idea I had for this story, and this is the best way to do it. So! Please enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Rachel POV*

It's been over two weeks since Ironhide, Sideswipe, and Raf were safely recovered and brought back to our new home. I've almost fully recovered, and the others were filled in on everything. They seemed stoked that Cliffjumper made it here. The moment Ratchet released Sideswipe and Ironhide, the two went with Cliffjumper and Arcee to see exactly where we are. However,

Arcee and Cliffjumper never returned with the other two. 

I smirk thinking about it before taking a sip of my coffee and continuing typing on my keyboard at the station next to Ratchet. He was doing the same thing as well. We had secured many locations of energon in the past few days, but we have also been doing some other research.

Most of it concerning the moon walk of 1969.

It seems, after successfully making it back into the Pentagon mainframe long enough to download the right files, that our 'space race' wasn't all it was coughed up to be. They had found something floating in space, and it was heading towards our moon. Once it crash landed, they sent a team up there to investigate. 

So far, that's all we where able to get. I glance over to my right, spotting Raf sitting in front of a computer as well with Miko and Jack behind him. "Nope..... Guy in a costume.... Balloon... Hello?" At Jack's tone, I scoot over slightly, and even Ratchet steps over. His voice is full of shock as he speaks. "Is that Bumblebee?!"

Raf quickly tries to calm him. "O-On a conspiracy website! They post supernatural sightings and possible alien activity. D-Don't worry, we've got it under control. I just need to scrub this photo of Bee and replace it with..."

He moves a file, and as it settles into the space where Bee's mugshot was, it turns into a space cat. "Space cat says 'take me to your feeder'!" Ratchet lets out a deep, loud laugh, making us all turn in surprise. His optics widen and I smirk before turning back to my task at hand. We hadn't told anyone of our findings yet, in case they were inconclusive, so Raf was keeping busy by keeping any prying eyes off our scent.

Which meant keeping the paparazzi away from our would-be famous scout.

I sigh and rub my forehead. So far, everything was ending up at a dead end, with human or cybertronian language. It didn't help that I didn't sleep well the past few nights. Poor Broadwing seems to be suffering from nightmares, and it's affecting all of us. He constantly apologizes, and I consistently tell him not to. He can't control it, and we will find a way through this. 

Despite me needing to get back to work, my eyes shift towards the group of three. I never told Raf my last name, and he never asked after his first attempt, which would explain why he never mentioned being friends with my brother. Even if he did know my last name, we were nearly three states over and he most likely never even thought of a connection. However, it was nice to see him interacting with others besides myself.

And Jack.

I sigh and turn back to my work. It was nice having him around more. I missed having chill time with my little bro. We used to do so much together....

With dad...

I shake my head and clear away those thoughts. I need to focus. I can't linger on the past. What's done is done, and I need to focus on my future. Our future....