{3} - Breakfast & Breakups

"Up and at 'em lazy bones!" Bethany groaned and buried her face in Andy's side. Her mother rolled her eyes. Andy groaned and stretched his arms.
"Come on, Peanut. Up!" He tickled her side. She squealed and swatted at him.
"'S too early."
"I tried." Andy said. Bethany was about ask what that meant before Andy pushed her off the couch.
"Aah!" She lay in a heap of blankets and pillows. "I hate you." Andy grinned at her and ran his fingers through his hair.
"Breakfast is almost ready!" Their mother called from the kitchen. Bethany untangled herself from the mess on the floor, adjusted her shirt and shuffled into the kitchen. Bacon and homemade waffles sat on the table.
"You made waffles?" Bethany asked.
"Of course. This is your last Saturday in my house so I'm making you the best Saturday morning breakfast you've ever had." Bethany yawned and smiled before sitting down and pouring herself a glass of orange juice.

———

bennyharris

bennyharris GOOD MORNING! IM HERE TO INFORM YOU OF SOME UTTER BULLSHIT! THIS MAN IS AN ASSHOLE! COMPLETELY! DON'T BELIEVE THAT CHARMING EXTERIOR! andyblack

Load more comments
andyblack really?
user1 I'm confused??? Is this real or a joke???
bennyharris IM NOT TALKING TO YOU andyblack
user2 I am legitimately confused
andyblack that's a bit melodramatic don't you think?
flandangerous i honestly never know what to expect when I see your pictures Ben
user3 hey I'm new here. Are you actually related to Andy or????
bennyharris YOU PUSHED ME OFF THE COUCH! andyblack
user4 happy birthday beautiful!!!!
user5 I think it's a joke user1

———

Andy looked at his sister and raised an eyebrow. She made a feeble attempt at stifling her giggle behind her hand.
"Really?" She nodded before finishing her last piece of bacon. Andy shook his head. "After breakfast we're going box hunting." She nodded again.
"I'm offended by how good you look this soon after getting up." Andy ran his fingers through his hair and smirked. She stuck her tongue out at him.
"Are you going to answer that?" Their mom asked, looking at Andy's phone that was ringing silently on the table. He answered it.
"I could have texted you her number, numbskull. Yeah. Whatever." He held the phone out to Bethany. She took it.
"Hi?"
"Hey, kiddo!" The voice of her cousin came through the phone.
"Hi!"
"Happy birthday."
"Thank you! Did you hear I'm moving to LA?"
"I did. I can see you in person for the first time in like a year and a half." From the living room Bethany's phone began ringing.
"I'll get it." Andy said while standing. He came back looking very annoyed. He held out her phone.
"Your boyfriend." He muttered. Andy had never liked Luke.
"Oh. Joe? Can you hold on just a sec?"
"Sure." She set Andy's phone down and took hers from him.
"Hey!"
"Hey, Benny." Luke sighed.
"What's up?"
"Can we talk? Soon? Like in an hour?"
"Uh. . . I gotta check something. One sec." She looked at Andy. "Would you mind box hunting by yourself?" He rolled his eyes, but nodded. "Sure." Bethany told Luke.
"Let's meet at Starbucks. The one by the mall."
"Ok. See-" He ended the call. "You." She sighed and stood up. She stretched, yawned, ran her fingers through her hair and left the kitchen. Then remembered her call with Joe and went back.
"Hi. I'm back."
"Hi."
"Uh. . . I got stuff to do, but I'll text you later."
"Great."
"Bye."
"Bye." She ended the call and handed Andy his phone. Then she headed upstairs for a shower.

———

Luke was already there. He was sitting and staring at the drink in front of him. Bethany ordered a cold foam cold brew and waited for it to be ready before walking over and sitting down.
"Hi." She said as she sat.
"I think we should break up." She choked on her coffee and coughed.
"What?" Luke sighed.
"We've been drifting apart. You can't deny it and honestly it's your fault. Your boring and weird and way too opinionated." She stared at him with wide eyes.
"Well thanks for being honest and not breaking up with me over text." Then she stood and walked out. She didn't cry. Sure they'd dated for two years, but he was right. They were drifting. She was just pissed. Boring? She wasn't boring. She slammed the door behind her when she got home. She hadn't meant to. She went straight to her room and locked the door. She could hear Andy follow her up the stairs.
"Peanut?" He asked, gently knocking on the door.
"I'm fine. I'll be out in a few." Andy sighed before sitting down, facing the door, back to the wall. He would wait for her to come out.
Bethany face timed Remington.
"Benny?" He squinted at the screen. The time difference had momentarily slipped Bethany's mind.
"Am I boring?"
"No?" It came out like a question.
"That's reassuring."
"What's wrong?" He yawned.
"Luke just dumped me because I'm boring and too opinionated."
"That sucks. But you're not boring." She fell back onto her bed and sighed.
"Thank you. I'm not sad it ended. I knew that was coming. I'm just so fucking pissed! I liked him a lot. And apparently I was just a huge bore."
"Doesn't deserve you." Remington mumbled.
"Damn right he doesn't. Excuse me for not wanting to go out every weekend. Sometimes I want to stay at home and watch Netflix. Sue me." She sighed. "Or dump me." She focused on her phone screen and realized Remington was asleep. "Oh fuck. Time difference. Sorry, Ratatouille." She whispered before ending the call. She sat up and sighed. Then decide the best course of action was to ignore it for now and focus on packing. She opened the door and smiled when she saw Andy sitting on the floor. He had his phone out and wasn't paying attention.
"Hey." She gently kicked his leg and he looked up.
"Hey. Are you okay?"
"Mmhm. I'm fine." He didn't look convinced. "I'm fine, seriously. Ready to go box hunting?"
"Sure."
"Wanna give me a ride?"
"Not really."
"Do it anyway?" He sighed exaggeratedly and turned around. She jumped on his back and he carried her downstairs and out the door.
"Onward my noble steed!" Bethany said before giggling.
"How about no." She pouted and got down.
"Fine. Spoil sport. Can I drive?"
"Sure." He tossed her the keys and walked around the car. "Just try not to kill us."
"Shut up. That was one time." She said before getting in the car.