{4} - Packing

Half packed boxes took up the majority of Bethany's room. Andy was packing books while Bethany carefully took posters and drawings off the walls. The room had once been Andy's, which he shared with Bethany until he moved out, and when he'd moved out it had become hers. Many of the posters were actually his.
"Peanut." She looked over her shoulder at him. He was holding up her phone. "Sebastian is calling you." Leaving the poster she'd been taking down she crawled over the bed and took the phone from him.
"Hi?"
"Hey. Remington's been worried about you since you called him this morning. He lost his phone. That's why I'm calling. But, um, are you okay?" Sebastian said. Bethany smiled softly.
"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine. Busy packing."
"Can I ask what happened earlier?"
"Maybe later? I haven't talked to B and W yet and I'm not quite ready for that, so maybe tonight. Okay?" B and W was a code name for Andy. Something she'd used since she was very little. It meant Black and White, because she called him Panda.
"Sure."
"Thank you. Bye, Sebster." She could practically see the eyeroll.
"Bye, Bumblebee." Andy was staring at her with a raised eyebrow.
"What does B and W mean? You've been using that since you were like ten."
"Nu-Uh. That's on a need to know basis. And you," she pointed at him, "do not need to know." He rolled his eyes. He went back to packing books and she went back to the posters. Andy glanced in her direction, concerned about what his sister was hiding from him.
"Hey, Siri!" She said, and her phone screen lit up, "Play Palaye Royale."
"Playing Palaye Royale. One moment." Siri responded. Get Higher started playing.
"What's this?" Andy asked, pulling an old, barely together, cardboard box, out from under the bed. "Memories and Nostalgia?"
"Stuff from when I was a kid. And stuff I never want to lose. It needs to be reboxed." Andy lifted the flaps. Laying on top of the box was what had once been an old, yellow cat. One of its legs was green, part of its stomach was red and it's tail was purple. It only had one eye, one ear and three legs.
"Wow." Bethany turned to see what had made him saw wow.
"Oh. Yeah. Tula is . . . barely surviving. That's why she stays in the box." Andy built another box and began moving Bethany's childhood memories into it.
"Any ideas on how to move my drums?" She paused, "You don't mind me bringing them do you?"
"Nope. I'll take care them. Don't worry." She smiled.
"Thanks."

———

bennyharris

❤️ liked bybennyharris  I truly appreciate kindness

❤️ liked by
bennyharris I truly appreciate kindness. I appreciate people checking up on me. I appreciate a quick message or call, I appreciate those who ask if I'm okay, I appreciate every person in my life who has tried to brighten my days. It's the little things that matter the most.

Load more comments
user1 that's so sweet!
user2 ❤️❤️
remingtonleith hope I'm one of those people
user4 you know she's serious when there's no caps
ashleypurdyinc is this your way of guilting me into calling you?
innapittza who doesn't appreciate kindness???
user5 the world needs more people like you Benny
bennyharris that's definitely what I'm saying ashleypurdyinc
sebastiandanzig good to know I'm appreciated
user6 I love that remingtonleith hopes he's one of the people she's talking and sebastiandanzig knows he is😂😂
user7 sebster's a bit full of himself isn't he???
user8 there's a reason they call him super douche user7

———

"So? What happened?" Sebastian asked. Bethany sighed. She was lying on her bed staring at the ceiling.
"Luke broke up with me."
"Oh. I'm sorry, Bumblebee."
"It was inevitable. I knew it was coming. That's not what bothers me. He told me I was boring! And too opinionated! I wasted two years of my life on him!" She rolled onto her side and closed her eyes. "Am I boring?"
"No."
"It's hard to believe that. He said our break up was my fault. Didn't even try to sugar coat it. It just-it pisses me off!"
"And it should. Dick doesn't deserve you. You are beautiful and intelligent and definitely not boring." She smiled. "Or too opinionated."
"Thank you, Sebster."
"That will never be funny."
"It will always be funny."
"How come you haven't told Andy yet?"
"'Cos he'll get all protective and annoying about it and I just want to forget about it. At least for now. And I know I'll regret that decision later, but right now it sounds like the best option."
"Bumblebee. . ."
"Don't. Don't do that. I don't want you being all responsible on my ass." Sebastian sighed.
"I'm just say-"
"Stop. I know what your going to say. I didn't call for advice. I called for someone to listen."
"You're right. I'm sorry." Bethany stood and grabbed her laptop. She opened YouTube and pulled up the Beatles.
"What is that sound in the background?" He asked. She smiled.
"That, Sebster, is the sound rock and roll. That, is the sound of the Beatles."
"That is the sound of the Beatles." Sebastian mocked her.
"Hear that sound, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability. That is the sound of your death."
"Is that a quote from something? Or were you just being weird."
"I'm offended that you don't know what that's from."
"Are you gonna tell me?"
"It's from the Matrix. On of the best movies ever. Right up there with Terminator 2."
"Okay. Still into the Beatles I take it?"
"Mmm. Hey, Jude is and probably always will be one of my favorites."
"It's a classic."
"Indeed. Right up there with Can't Help Falling In Love, Zombie and Basket Case."
"Can't argue." They talked for close to two hours before Bethany could barely keep her eyes open and Sebastian could tell.
"Can I offer some advice?"
"Sure." She sighed. She knew what he would say.
"Tell Andy. Soon. The longer you wait the worse it will be."
"I hate that you make such a good point." Bethany groaned. Then she yawned.
"I should go. Larisa and I are going out tonight and I'm wearing sweatpants." Sebastian said with a chuckle. Bethany laughed and then yawned.
"Sure. I'll let you go. Thanks for listening."
"No problem. Night, Bumblebee."
"Night, Sebster."