{10} - Tired, Hyper & Forgetful

There was a knock on the front door. Bethany stared at it with tired eyes, debating answering it. She turned to walk into the kitchen. There was another knock.
"Can you get the door, Peanut?" Andy yelled from upstairs.
"Ung." Was the only response he got.
"Thank you." He called back. Bethany shuffled to the door and pulled it open.
"Hey, kiddo! You're bright eyed and bushy tailed." Joe grinned and stepped inside.
"'S too early." Bethany groaned and threw the door shut before shuffling into the kitchen.
"It's ten." He said, following her into the kitchen.
"She just crawled out. Give her half an hour, a cup of coffee and shower and she's a completely different person." Andy said, walking in without a shirt on. Joe nodded. "Coffee?" Andy offered.
"Ung."
"Please." Andy filled three mugs and sat two on the table. Bethany pulled hers toward her and closed her eyes as she inhaled the bitter, semisweet scent of hot coffee.
"Sugar." She said. Though she couldn't see it, Andy rolled his eyes before setting the sugar bowl and the half gallon of milk on the table. The regular milk was only hers as both Andy and Juliet drank Almond milk. Bethany had nothing against their diet or life choices, but she was very happy drinking cows's milk and eating meat. She sipped her coffee slowly, trying to pay attention to Joe and Andy's conversation.
"Gotta dig our stuff out of storage, gotta find my suitcase and-"
"I need socks." Bethany said.
"Ok?" Andy asked.
"Jus' sayin'. I'm gonna get a shower." She took another drink of her coffee before leaving the kitchen and dragging herself upstairs.

———

"Did she look tired to you?" Andy asked, as Bethany disappeared around the corner.
"Didn't you say she just got out of bed?"
"Well, okay, besides the obvious just got out of bed tired."
"I don't know. Maybe. Why?"
"I'm worried about her. Just forget it."
"Uh, okay." Joe took a drink of his coffee and pulled a face.
"You okay?"
"I haven't put sugar in yet." Andy nodded and took a drink of his own coffee. They chatted about Warped Tour and The Andy Show until Bethany came back. She was dressed in leggings and a black zip up sweater.
"Morning!" She said as she came skipping into the kitchen.
"Told you. Completely different person." Andy said.
"Mm." Joe agreed.
"What are you guys up to today?" Bethany asked as she poured herself a bowl of cereal.
"Uh, well, today's Karina's birthday so I'm setting up a party for her. You can come if you want."
"I don't even know her." Bethany pointed out.
"Juliet and I are going." Andy told her.
"I guess, maybe, if you don't think it'll be weird."
"No, it'll be fun." Bethany was still doubtful, but decided she'd go if Andy and Juliet were.
"What about you?" Bethany looked at Andy.
"I've gotta run a couple errands. I'm meeting the guys for lunch, if you wanna come."
"The guys?"
"CC, Jake, Jinxx and possibly Ashley." Bethany nodded.
"Sure!"
"Great. What about you?"
"Eh. I'm gonna record another cover and do some laundry."
"Sounds exciting." Joe said.
"You know it." Bethany grinned and drank the milk from her bowl of cereal.
"I'm going for a run first though."
"That sounds exciting too." She rolled her eyes.
"See you guys later." She left the house and stood in the yard breathing in deeply. She stretched first and turned on her music before starting her run. It was a habit she'd picked up as a sophomore. It helped relieve stress. Much like the playdoh and kinetic sand she'd kept in her backpack from the age of eight. As she ran she smiled and mouthed along to the song playing. Perfect Weapon by Black Veil Brides.

———

A little after noon she met up with Andy and the guys for lunch.
"Agh. Sorry I'm late. I couldn't find my phone." She said as she dropped into a chair between Andy and Jinxx. "How are you guys? It's been way too long since I've seen you. Well, not you, but whatever." She waved in Ashley's direction. "Nice to see you too." Ashley said.
"I refuse to believe that you're nineteen." Jake said with a grin.
"Well believe it. Hey," she turned her attention on CC, "have you been listening to my stuff? I'd love your input."
"I have. You're great. Have you figured the stick twirl that I tried to teach you?"
"I've almost got it. My hands are smaller than yours though, so it's harder for me." CC nodded. "How's Inna?" She turned back to Jake.
"Good."
"That's great. I should text her. How's Anna?"
"Great."
"Should text her too. And Alice?" The five guys at the table watched her head snap back and forth as she talked to everyone at once.
"Fine. How much coffee have you had to say?" Jinxx asked.
"Only one cup this morning. Why? Oh! Juls told me to remind you that you need to replace the thing in the air conditioner before you leave." She turned her gaze on Andy.
"Thank you. Don't let me forget again."
"Sure thing. Ugh, damnit I still haven't picked up socks." She pulled her phone out and put a reminder in her phone.
"You really only had one cup of coffee?" Jake asked.
"Yeah. Why?"
"You're just very hyper."
"Huh. I dunno. I've been kinda tired and I guess I hit second wind. But I dunno. Hey! I just remembered! I found this," she dug through her purse and pulled out a comic book. "Check it out." She slapped the comic book onto the table.
"I find offense at that." Andy said and Bethany rolled her eyes.
"DC is stupid and I'm never changing my mind on that."
"Batman isn't stupid."
"I didn't say Batman was stupid I said DC was stupid. There's a difference."
"This is cool." Jake said, flipping through the Spider-Man comic.
"I know. Spider-Man's my favorite."
"Only because you think the guy that plays him is hot." Andy said. Bethany pouted.
"That's not true. I mean, Tom Holland is really fuckin' cute, but I like the stories. I love the comics." She got lost in her thoughts for a minute before she gasped. "I forgot Remington's birthday!"
"You," Ashley said, "are insane."
"I know. Isn't it great?" She received multiple eyerolls.

———

bennyharris

❤️liked by remingtonleith, jinxxed4life, 4stephanierachel and 303 othersbennyharris IM SO SORRY I FORGOT YOUR BIRTHDAY!!! FORGIVE ME!!! remingtonleith

bennyharris IM SO SORRY I FORGOT YOUR BIRTHDAY!!! FORGIVE ME!!! remingtonleith

Load more comments

user1 better late than never right?
user2 he's so pretty😱😱😱😱
remingtonleith it's literally a month past my birthday, but thank you I guess
user3 my heart! He's so cute 😍
sebastiandanzig way to go 👏 bennyharris
user4❤️❤️❤️❤️
bennyharris YOURE WELCOME remingtonleith 🖕sebastiandanzig
user5 it's already been a month so does that mean it's late or early??? I mean how can you know????💁‍♀️💁‍♀️💁‍♀️