Chapter 2. You Smile, Eye Smile

"Need help with those?"

"What the?!"

I let out a yelp when I felt someone squeeze my shoulders from behind, my eyes widening at the familiar voice.

When I looked at the person, I immediately glared at him.

"No, I don't need help."

"Okay, suit yourself."

Mark removed his hands from my shoulders, then he walked forward and bumped me on purpose.

It caused me to fall towards the floor and the books I was holding flew from my hands.

The other students in the hallway laughed at me, the loud sound ringing in my ears.

Anger quickly washed over me but the pain I acquired from the fall was more predominant. I refrained from showing it on my face, though. Instead, I stared angrily at Mark, who was already walking away, his friends following just behind him.

I clenched my fists in bitterness, the nails digging on my palms. My lower lip hurt as I harshly bit on it.

I hate you, Mark Lee. I hate you so m

"Are you okay?"

A guy's voice sounded beside me, interrupting my thoughts.

When I glanced at him, he had an apologetic look on his face. He offered his hand and I stared at it.

What is this...

After a few seconds, I reluctantly took it. He gently pulled me to stand up but as soon as I was on my feet, I quickly let go of his hand.

When I proceeded to pick up my books, I saw him picking up the others that were far from me. He also got the paper that I slipped between the books.

I stared at him with a confused expression as he handed me the books and the paper. His face, however, was full of genuine concern.

"Jeno! Come on, let's go!"

I heard Mark shout towards him from the distance, waving his hand. His other friends were behind him, shocked from the actions of their friend.

The crowd of students were still gawking at us, some snickering while others were frozen in place.

"I'm sorry." Jeno apologized to me before running towards his friends.

I stared skeptically at him, hugging the books.

He stole a glance at me as they walked away, his expression looking annoyed and disappointed towards Mark.