Special Chapter. Babysitters for a Day

- July 8, 2018 -

Sunday

"Made from ginger and tea with beeswax, ginger oil, and olive oil," Donghyuck read the label out loud from the small ointment container. "Why do you have thi—oh, wow. This smells good."

I was softly humming to the tune of Taeyeon's new song called Baram Baram Baram before I replied to Donghyuck, getting the ointment from him. "It's for my headaches. Or my shoulder pain."

"Does it work for heartaches too?"

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows at his question. "Obviously no, Hyuck. You can't use that internally."

"But Mark needs some pain relief for his heart. He keeps bugging me about how you're ignoring hi—"

Donghyuck's sentence was interrupted by Mark cupping his mouth, simultaneously holding the handlebar of his bike with his other hand.

"Don't listen to him." Mark commented just as he removed his hand from Donghyuck's mouth.

"Eww! Your hand smells like rubber!" Donghyuck complained. "Pweh!"

"It's the bike." Mark shrugged, returning his hand on the handlebar.

The three of us were walking in Jeno, Jaemin, and Renjun's street, on our way towards Jeno's house.

Jeno invited me earlier to babysit Jisung because his parents and Park seonsaeng-nim had some matters to attend to. Jeno's family were out too, and he didn't know how to babysit, so I agreed to go to his house.

I invited Mark and Donghyuck since I figured it would be fun if they came along with me.

After some minutes, the three of us arrived in front of Jeno's house. Mark and Donghyuck parked their bikes at the side of the street, then followed me towards the front door.

Just as I was about to ring the doorbell, Donghyuck called out someone's name. When I glanced behind me, I saw Renjun and Chenle walking towards us. Jaemin was also with them.

Chenle ran towards me when he saw me, his eyes lighting up.

"Noona, you're here!" He hugged my waist, which made me chuckle at him. "Are you going to babysit me and Jisung?"

I hugged him back and when he let go, I replied to him. "Yep. Are you ready to play games with me?"

Chenle smiled brightly while he nodded. I found it so cute that I just wanted to squish him.

"Hey, Moon Girl." Renjun greeted with a smile.

"Peach! I didn't know you were going here too." Jaemin followed.

"Hey, guys!" I greeted back. "Jeno invited me to babysit Jisung. He said his parents and brother aren't here and he didn't know how to babysit."

"Oops."

"Uh-oh."

"Tsk-tsk, that Jeno."

"What? What's wrong?" I asked them alarmingly.

"You just said his parents and Taeyong hyung aren't in the house." Renjun answered.

"And he only invited you." Jaemin continued. "He didn't even tell us that Jisung's there, not until Chenle told us."

"Well, I invited these two with me. I figured they wanted to hang out too." I shrugged, then asked, "is that supposed to mean something?"

"It means that Jeno wanted to spend time with you, alone. But since we're all here, that's not gonna happen any time soon." Donghyuck chuckled rather gleefully. "He doesn't even know what hit him."