Appendix 1. Inspirations

Once again, I'd like to thank everyone who embarked on this journey with me, those who read the story for the first time, those who came back to experience another summer with the characters, and those who stayed until the end. A heartfelt thank you is being sent your ways. 💝

In this book, I had the opportunity to show Elizabeth's side of the story, what happened in between the chapters that Mark narrated in the first book, and I enjoyed it so much because I was able to get creative with the plot again.

Even though it still followed the original plot of the first book, and there may have been repeating events, I had so much fun writing about the separate adventures of the other major characters like Donghyuck, Renjun, Jeno, and Jaemin. And I hope you guys had fun reading them, too!

I don't know if it exceeded your expectations, or if it didn't even live up to the first book, but I really had a great time creating this one nonetheless.

It's been quite an adventure once again, but all good things must come to an end.

However, it doesn't mean they should end so abruptly, which is why this section exists. Like I've mentioned in my previous works, this work of art wouldn't have existed if not for the inspirations.

This time, I've only chosen the most significant ones for this list, so here they are!

10. Character Crossovers

Isn't it just amazing to see Mark rapping in Baekhyun's UN Village? I bet it's nothing compared to seeing Yangyang with Jisung, Haechan, and Taeil on the first episode of that random talk show in the NCT Daily Channel (props to the WELCOME TO SUN&...

Isn't it just amazing to see Mark rapping in Baekhyun's UN Village? I bet it's nothing compared to seeing Yangyang with Jisung, Haechan, and Taeil on the first episode of that random talk show in the NCT Daily Channel (props to the WELCOME TO SUN&MOON and AWSAZ segments for doing that! 👏).

Anyway, I think it's really entertaining when a character from another film, series, or comic book makes a cameo appearance in a particular story just for the fun of it.

And speaking of cameo appearances, remember when Mark mentioned in the first book that Chanyeol seonsaeng-nim was his uncle Minseok's classmate in college? Well, they were. And that was proven once again by a cameo appearance of Mr. Do Kyungsoo, when Elizabeth and the boys met him in the record store.

The appearances of EXO members in this book were intentional, even in the first book. The characters of Do Kyungsoo, as well as Park Chanyeol, Kim Minseok and Kim Yeoreum, actually originated from my second fanfiction book Memories (feel free to check it out!).

In that story, Kyungsoo is in college with his friends Chanyeol, Jongin, Minseok, Yeoreum, Baekhyun, and Jongdae. It centers around a supernatural mystery that Kyungsoo discovered. But long story short: these characters are the connection between the two (or three) stories.