Chapter 7. My First... Date?

- March 26, 2018 -

Monday

Remember Seoyeon?

The one that Renjun mentioned in the arcade? That "no-one-I-have-to-worry-about" Seoyeon? Well, today I might actually have to worry about her.

She's the girl that you would know as my only female friend in the future.

Wait, how did I know that?

Anyway, she's also the girl that everyone knew to be my friends' previous ultimate crush, except for Donghyuck.

But this isn't really about her. I mean, it's a little about her, but not entirely. I only mentioned Seoyeon as a means of distraction for what really happened today and here's why.

1) Seoyeon's last name is Han, which means she could be related to my doctor and my parent's family friend, Dr. Hyemi. But that could just be coincidence because I knew Dr. Hyemi's kid, and he totally wasn't named Seoyeon.

Donghyuck said she was Jeno, Jaemin, Renjun, and Mark's previous ultimate crush, and I could see why. It was undeniable, Seoyeon really was pretty and smart that even Mark, who claims that he doesn't catch feelings, had a crush on her.

Well, that's what they told me when she arrived two weeks ago. People were whispering and gossiping here and there, most likely surprised that she was back after two years.

According to my friends, she first appeared back in tenth grade but only stayed for two months before getting pulled out from school for health reasons. But now she was back, and she took everyone by surprise.

It took me by surprise.

If Seoyeon was famous back then, she was definitely more famous now.

But like I said, this is just a distraction.

If there's any reason that I'd be staring at Seoyeon in Economics class, right at this moment, it would be because of:

2) Lee Jeno.

Jeno and I are good friends. We knew each other enough not to fight over silly things or have a miscommunication. We rarely bicker or have a misunderstanding, unlike Donghyuck. Or Mark, on occasions.

He's sweet, caring, and kind. His loyalty to his friends is something to admire. He's so selfless that when he learned about my not-so-secret crush on Mark, he was very supportive of it, even though he (and the rest of my friends) claims that he has a crush on me.

He's like the embodiment of selflessness.

He's a nice young guy who would never leave your messages on read and who would never leave you alone in the library, confused and overwhelmed.

Which is why I was so confused and so overwhelmed when he did that exact thing to me earlier in the library.

Before I get to that though, let me tell you what happened that led to that particular event first.

So, today wasn't supposed to be anything special. It was a Monday, and like every students in this school, and possibly the whole world, I didn't like Mondays.