Appendix 3. Fact & Fiction

Ah, the Fact & Fiction section, the stories behind the scenes. It's not complete without these because it's where the fun in fiction comes to life.

So, here are our fun facts and fun fictions!

1. Fun Fact

As a writer, the biggest challenge I've encountered so far while writing this book was the fact that I had to change POVs. I started writing the first book At the End of Summer as Mark Lee and I had quite a blast, as well as hardships, being in a male's point-of-view because first and foremost, I'm a female. But I got the hang of it and soon I was writing and thinking like Mark himself (not as in the Mark Lee but like the persona that I made for him in the story).

Whenever I was writing the Special Chapters in that book, which is in Elizabeth's POV, I honestly get confused and I didn't know how to start it. I was like, "how do I write in a female's POV??? I don't know anymore!" 😂

It seems funny but it was really difficult especially if you've been used to having a specific writing style. So when I started this book, it was a complete change of character because instead of being a constantly angry teenage boy who has death issues, this time I have to think like a depressed/dying angsty teenage girl who changed her views about life when she met Mark and the DREAMIES.

It was truly a challenge so I hope I was able to switch from Mark Lee to Elizabeth Areum Moon effectively, if not perfectly.

2. Fun Fiction?

For now, I'll be taking a break in writing. I'd like to recharge myself so that in a future time, I'll be able to come back with new stories to grace your libraries and reading lists!

However, there's actually another book in the making resting in my drafts. As of now, it's a very rough draft and it might come out really late, or it might not even see the light of day.

But if it ever does, I hope you'll like and support it just as you did with my previous works. 😁

3. Did You Know (Pt. 1): The Love Triangle

I originally intended the love triangle to center around Mark, Elizabeth, and Jaemin. But for some reasons, which I will explain further, they happened with Mark, Elizabeth, and Donghyuck.

So in my prewriting notes, Elizabeth was supposed to have a crush on Jaemin. He's sweet, flirtatious, and has the same characteristics as Mark (only brighter), because he's a Leo! I think it's safe to assume that Elizabeth is attracted to her astrological kind of people.

Anyway, her supposed crush on Jaemin was actually a small trivia that's not explicitly shown, but mentioned very subtly in some chapters (You Have Chemistry Together was not very subtle, however). In Gladiolus, Jaemin's Birthday Chapter in the first book, it was also implied that Elizabeth wanted to have a crush on him instead of Mark.

But then some months into writing this book, two comebacks (Neo Zone & Reload), and a bias-wrecking incident later, our Full Sun had triumphed and took his place in that position.

If you still remember their conversation about that rare glass in You Have Chemistry Together, Donghyuck implied how he thinks Elizabeth is a very special person for him and if only she didn't have such a huge crush on Mark, I think this would've been a Lee Donghyuck fanfic.