Chapter 9. You Have Chemistry Together

- April 19, 2018 -

Thursday

When I awoke this morning, I didn't expect to feel heavy. I was already stressed due to last night's trouble, I had night sweats and I kept waking up despite feeling so tired.

I was restless, and it left me feeling emotionally heavy when I woke up at 7:59, a minute before my alarm sets off.

I'm not sure why but I had nightmares about Mark.

The nightmares consisted of him rejecting me when I confessed to him, him bullying me again, then him rejecting and bullying me altogether.

They were three different nightmares, at three different hours of the night.

So when my eyes opened for the fourth and final time, I made no attempt to move on my bed, and I sniffled. There were tears falling from my eyes, thanks to the last dream I had just before waking up.

This time, Mark just simply told me that he didn't like me then we stopped being friends because he found out that I was dying.

My alarm went off from under my pillow. I felt too glum to turn it off, so I just ignored it. The noise made me feel at ease, somehow.

They're just dreams, Elizabeth... just really bad dreams.

 just really bad dreams

"Jin?!"

Donghyuck's eyes were wide, his mouth agape. I stared at him, void of any feeling as of the moment.

"You like Nakamoto Jin, as in Math class and student council president Nakamoto Jin?! But I thought you like Mark?"

"What?" My eyebrows furrowed slowly. "No—"

"No?! You don't like Mark anymore?!" His eyes widened even more, both his hands flying to his head to hold it still. "Oh my god, Elizabeth, you need to slow down. My brain isn't processing this properly."

"Huh? No, that's not what I mean, Hyuck. You're not listening to me." My voice was small and rather weary.

"Well, you just said his initials are 'N' and 'J' and who else has those initials in our classes?"

"You missed the part where I said that it's only a possibility, it's not necessarily true." I frowned.

"But who is it? Who could you possibly like other than Mark Lee?" He continued with his bewildered questions.

"I was referring to Jaemin, okay?" I revealed with an eye-roll, though I winced at my own words right after.

"Oh... right... Na Jaemin." Donghyuck drawled, nodding his head slowly in realization. "Why didn't I think of that?"