Chapter 11. Best Friends

Lee Donghyuck
Areumiiiiii, where are you? it's been 4 days and you're not back. :(((
29/06/18, 8:39 a.m.

Lee Donghyuck
Areumi? talk to us. we miss you. :((((((
30/06/18, 9:01 p.m.

Lee Donghyuck
Elizabeth, talk to me. Please. 😞
01/07/18, 01:26 a.m.

- July 2, 2018 -

- July 2, 2018 -

Monday

"Why didn't you tell us, Elizabeth?"

"I..." I hesitated, avoiding their gazes. "I couldn't."

I couldn't look at Donghyuck, Renjun, Jeno, or Jaemin. Their stares towards me were too focused and serious, I felt uneasy.

They were standing on different spaces inside the Music room, but their faces demanded the same answers from me. Meanwhile, I was sat on the piano stool, my head as low as my confidence.

This wasn't how I intended for everything to happen. This isn't how I wanted them to know. I never meant to hurt their feelings when I refused to tell them the truth about my condition. But now that I did, it's how it turned out.

I hurt them, and now they're all mad at me.

"No wonder Mark wouldn't talk to me about you." Donghyuck said through gritted teeth, his features evident of disappointment.

I gulped, remembering what transpired two nights ago. Mark was very mad at me when he found out. He was so mad that he walked out of my hospital room, and I felt bad.

But looking at Donghyuck, Renjun, Jeno, and Jaemin at this moment, their eyebrows furrowed in both anger and worry, it got me feeling beyond that.

I felt so small and so guilty that I wished they hadn't met me. I wished they didn't have to go through this because of me, because they knew I was dying.

"I'm so sorry..."

There was a lump in my throat, making it difficult for me to speak. I couldn't help the tears so I started sniffling quietly, even though I didn't want them to see me cry.

When they heard me sobbing, someone sighed heavily and spoke up.

"Look, guys, let's not blame her." It was Jaemin's voice. "I'm sure she didn't want this to happen."

"If she didn't want this to happen then she should've told us earlier." Donghyuck lashed out but Jaemin countered him quickly.

"Yes, she should have. But she was going through something really difficult and we can't blame her for not wanting to tell us. And we all know why." He said with a certain emphasis on his tone. "Just don't blame her, please. It's already a tough time for her."