Chapter 15. Irresistible

『 Part 1 』

"Elizabeth."

I snapped out of my daydreams, startled at the sound of my name.

"Huh?"

"Are you ready for your trip?" Dr. Hyemi smiled widely at me, which made me stare at her in surprise.

"What? What trip?"

Mom laughed lightly at my reaction and talked to Dr. Hyemi.

"She doesn't know it yet. Her best friend wants to surprise her." Mom tried to whisper but I still heard what she said. "Thank you, Hyemi. We'll definitely bring these for the trip."

"Sure. Just call me if you have further questions."

Mom and I stood up from our seats, ready to leave Dr. Hyemi's office. But before we could say our goodbyes, Dr. Hyemi smiled excitedly at me and said, "have fun on your trip, Areumi!"

I smiled awkwardly at her, still having no idea what she was talking about. When Mom and I started walking in the corridor, I asked her what the trip was about.

"What's she talking about, Mom? Where are we going? Why don't I know about this trip?"

Mom chuckled at me as we reached the nearest elevator. "You'll see."

"What?" I questioned, skeptical at the fact that I had no idea about it. "When is it?"

As we rode the elevator, I couldn't stop thinking about this secret trip that we were apparently taking. I wondered if Dad knew about this, and I wondered which best friend Mom was referring to.

From what I heard earlier, Mom said that my best friend, which was either Mark or Donghyuck, wanted to surprise me.

Well, I sure am surprised.

Where are we going?

We got off the elevator and proceeded towards the cafeteria. "So, which best friend are you talking abou—"

I almost choked on my words the moment we walked in the cafeteria, my eyes landing on that one person I wasn't expecting to see with Dad by the tables.

Mark was definitely not with us when we went to the hospital earlier. But now there he was, smiling widely towards my dad.

Whatever it was they were talking about, the result must've been terrific because his smile was reaching his ears.

"Mark?" I asked my mom in disbelief.

She nodded towards me with a smile. When Mark saw us walking towards them, he waved at me excitedly.

"Hey, Lisbeth!" He exclaimed just as excitedly.

"Hi... Mark. Um, what's up?" I asked, looking from him to my dad.

"Mark, here, is taking us on a trip." Dad replied while Mark just grinned widely at me.

"So I heard." I nodded slowly. "Where are we going?"