Chapter 19. Our Last Time

- October 12, 2018 -

Friday

1:23 p.m. My eyes were probably twinkling in astonishment as I read the words "COEX Aquarium" above its entrance. There were two cylindrical aquariums up front, which connects to a ceiling of another aquarium, and inside them were various colorful fishes. It acted as an archway entrance.

Mark, Donghyuck, Renjun, Jeno, Jaemin, and I walked towards the ticketing booths.

"Are you excited?" Renjun asked beside me, to which I nodded ecstatically.

"I'm very thrilled," I replied with a wide smile, holding the straps of my small sky blue designer backpack.

Mark had taken care of buying the tickets while the rest of us waited by the small check-in area. There were lots of people today, despite it being a weekday.

As soon as Mark had purchased our tickets, we then went to take pictures using my phone, then we walked further inside the blue-themed wonder.

We took an escalator going up to the first room called the Rainbow Lounge. There was a long and wide wall with the name of the place in big colorful letters decorating the middle part. As we walked further, a few other cylindrical aquariums with many cute fishes greeted us.

"Look! A Nemo and Dory!" Jaemin exclaimed towards an orange and white colored aquarium.

We walked towards it, observing the numerous clownfish, blue and yellow tangs, and orange spotted gobies.

"That's a Marlin. Or a Coral." I said, looking wide-eyed at the cute little fishes. "If that's the normal size of an adult clownfish, then imagine how cute Nemo is!"

We ambled around the small room, looking at the other types of fishes.

The other aquariums contained a mix of dog-faced puffer, cowfish, balloonfish, boxfish, orbiculate batfish, emperor angelfish, and a whole lot of others that I'm too lazy to enumerate. There were quite a lot of species of fish just in the Rainbow Lounge room.

After a while, we then moved on to the room called The Story of Korean Fish. The first thing that came to my mind was that it contained some ancient types of fishes that existed in Korea.

However, upon entering, we were greeted by a traditional-looking place where there are several fish tanks that exhibited natural water habitats of different kinds of fishes.

There were display boards of information about the types of fishes in each tanks, as well as the types of habitats. I figured, these must be the natural water habitats of fishes in Korea.

The pathway was separated by bamboo plants, leading to the next set of fish tanks in the room. There were some big and bright yellow fishes swimming alone, or with their kind, in some aquariums.

One was called Lucky Key, the Golden Loach.

The bright yellow color caught my eye as soon as I saw them, but I viewed the other kinds of fishes as well.

"Hello there," I cooed towards the smaller ones.

There was a series of fish tanks right next to each other on one side, containing smaller sizes of other fishes. We continued to watch them in a childlike awe.