Appendix 2. A List of Fun Things

This is a preceding section for the Fact & Fiction page, which consists of fun trivia that's collected throughout the two books.

So, without further ado, may I present to you a list of fun things:

1. The tagline "Enemies Friends Like Love" in this and the first book are similar.

However, there's one significant difference between the two: the punctuation marks at the end.

That end part was somewhat inspired from the famous "Okay? Okay." line from the novel-turned-movie The Fault in Our Stars. But in this case, it's more of Elizabeth answering Mark's question of "is this love?" with "yes, it is."

2

2. The page dividers at the end of every chapter on both books may look the same, but in terms of element placement, they're actually different.

On the first book, the sun is on the left while the moon is on the right, indicating that it was Mark's perspective of the story.

(Yes, I know the "sun" is Donghyuck but in this story, it's actually more of a "day & night" case for Mark and Elizabeth.)

In this book, it was the other way around. The colors also play a part in differentiating between Elizabeth's and Mark's point-of-views.

It's just a small symbolism that can be easily disregarded but if you're into details, well, voilà!

3. Speaking of page dividers, it's easily figurable that the page dividers in the first book represent the four seasons, and they changed according to which season the characters were in. Their main purpose was to indicate the changing of scenes, and also for people to easily figure out which season it was.

However, in Elizabeth's Special Chapters in the first book, the page divider was changed to a drawing of a small universe, which indicated that we were in her chapters, witnessing her POV. I chose that as her page divider because of her fondness for the celestial wonder.