Chapter 10. Lemonades?

- April 27, 2018 -

Friday

If I will be given a chance to go back exactly one week from today, I would definitely, and without a doubt, take that chance and go back. I was totally happier that Friday than this Friday.

In fact, today must be the worst Friday ever for me and I have three things to prove that:

1.) last Friday was the day of the school festival and it was one of the best days of my life;

2.) all Fridays between the second of February and today were considerably most of the best days I've had; and

3.) today was just definitely the worst Friday ever.

Ugh.

Anyway, I'll be starting with me panicking and telling Mark to put me down because apparently, he was carrying me for reasons you will know very soon.

"Mark, put me down!"

"Stop moving so much, you're getting heavy."

"Just put me down! People are looking at us!" I whispered loudly at him, hitting his shoulder lightly.

"So what if they look? It's not like they can do anything about it. Besides, you got yourself into this mess." He said, rather seriously, and I just stared at him in disbelief.

"It's not my fault the floor was wet."

"I know. But it's your fault you weren't looking at the caution sign. Seriously, how could you miss that?"

I huffed lightly at him.

He was right, it was me who got my stupid self into this situation.

None of this would've happened if only I'd been attentive of my surroundings. I really was such an idiot for not seeing that caution sign.

It was this big yellow "Caution: Wet Floor" sign, how could I have missed that?

Now, I had to be carried bridal-style—or whatever people call it—by none other than Mark because out of all the people who could've witnessed my stupidity, it had to be him.

Great.

I knew he wasn't going to put me down until we arrive at the clinic, so I just clung to him carefully and stayed awkwardly still.

"Girls are gonna kill me as soon as I get out of the clinic," I sighed and looked at him, my eyebrows furrowed.

He didn't look at me, but he smirked as he continued carrying me towards the clinic. "Then you should be thankful 'cause I'm not leaving you until you get home."

I mentally face-palmed myself and sighed.

"Oh, boy."