Chapter 1

This chapter may contain mature languages.

"Worry less. Smile more. Listen carefully. Take responsibility. Accept what you can't change. Embrace the lessons".

Dad! I open eyes.

Knock, knock,

The tinny hands knock on my room door.

It's 4:15am in the morning and my little sister knocking on the door.

"Lizzy I can't sleep I want to be with you"

God knows what mother is doing in her room with that man.

I cannot contain the knocking anymore because I have a massive headache from studying for finals. I always manage to keep my 4.0 GPA despite everything that I have been through. My father had passed away serving our country. He was a brave sergeant that always put his men first. He died out in the field. That day when they came to our house to tell us about father I was in my room. I saw them coming up to the front door right there  I knew it was nothing of a good news and immediately I broke down in tears as I saw them hand my mother a letter. I watch as she drank a glass of wine and was about to go the next as the tears roll down her face not remembering she was pregnant. I rushed down to her and took the bottle away and cup her cheeks in my hand and tell her it's going to be okay.

In the letter it says that my dad was the bravest of all and that he would have done any and everything to protect his men.

I didn't need a letter to tell me about my father  because no matter how many medals or trophy or if he died in honor, the fact remains the same, that he was and still is the greatest father a little girl could ask for and no amount of achievements they showered at our door step for him it will never bring him back. But I was proud and greatful to have substantial memories of him.

It's been five years since dad died and It still feels like it was just yesterday. Every morning I would wake up by my alarm clock or the knock of my sister at the door, I would always roll to my bedside table and say good morning to my father in the picture frame. The picture showed my dad holding me in his arms and us smiling so bright. I would do anything to go back to that day.

Knock knock

"Lizzy"

"Rosa"

I goarn and climb out of bed. I open my room door to see my sister standing with her thumb in her mouth and the dusty looking coloured bear dad sent for her before he went to war.

"I can't sleep"

With her dark green eyes like dad's looking up at me, How can I ignore that.

"Come in" I said with sleep in my eyes.

She ran pass me and claim up into my bed as I crawl back over.

She was lucky to be borned. Mom at 9 months pregnant when we got the news about dad and she went under immediate stress the wine that she drank sent her into labour that same night. When my sister was born she wasn't  breathing they said it was a miracle, but I believed that my dad was there and gave her his bravness and his heart.

With her having his smile and dark green eyes I couldn't have asked for a better memory.

She lie on my chest and asked me to tell her the story about how dad save her. I made up a story for Rosa that dad was his knight and she was his new born princess. And one day the knight went away and he knew he wouldn't make it so he sent her a dusty coloured bear

"Like this one lizzy"

"Yes like that one" I smiled

And he also sent his heart to his princess so that she can live happily ever after.
Rosa and I fell asleep at the end of my made up story but it felt so real to us it was our fairytale.