Chapter 37

"Love today the way you loved yesterday".

Andre had left me in tears and My heart felt broken. As for Andre I could see the pain in his eyes that his heart too was shattered.

"Why me?. Why do I have to face all of this?".

I beat up on myself.

I lay there thinking about what Mrs. Wilson had said about  "some beautiful paths can't be discovered without getting lost"  and I have decided to try harder to seek back my beautiful path I once had with my family and friends especially my love for Andre.

I fell asleep in tears looking at my father's picture frame wishing that he was here to heal his daughter broken heart and to help her find her way back home.

"Elizabeth".

"Dad?".

"Yes sweetpea it's me".

"Dad, I need you".

"I'm always with you Liz".

"Dad I think I just broke up with someone who's in love with me".

"Do you love him liz?".

"Yes, I don't know, I don't remember dad".

"Listen to me carefully Elizabeth, love has the power to heal any broken wound so love today the way you loved yesterday with no more doubts and no tears.".

"Okay dad".

"I have to go now okay honey".

"Dad wait please dont go".

"I love you liz".

I woke up from my sleep and took his picture frame and held it close to my chest.

"I love you too dad".

The next day I woke up from a text from my phone and it was Andre saying he's now in New York and I looked at the time and it was 9am.

"Lizzy are you okay in there?".

Maria came asking.

"Yes, I'll be out in a few".

"Okay, we are waiting for you to come have breakfast with us".

"Okay".

I place my dad picture frame back on my bedside table and I remember doing this for quite some time.

I got up from my bed and went to freshen up in the bathroom and head down stairs to meet with my family and friends.

"Good morning"

"Good morning".

They all answered very cheerfully as I sat around the table.

"Tomorrow will be a long day for me at school".

Maria whined.

"How so?".

My aunt asked.

"I want to start back classes tomorrow".

They all looked at me.

"Are you sure honey?".

"Yes aunt, I want to start going back to class, and also moved back in my dorm with Maria, if that's okay?.

"Of course Elizabeth, I've been dying for you to come back".

I smiled at her.

"You guys are leaving today right?".

"Yes".

"Can I ride with you?".

"Elizabeth slow down, the  doctor's said you should rest?".