Eleven

Katie's pov

Calum and I exited the cupboard as if nothing happened, although I was still obviously really drunk, I felt as though I wasn't as bad as I was, it was as though the kiss had made me realise I was really drunk.

I walked back to my position next to Ashton, I tried to distance myself from him, without making it obvious, "What did you two do in there?" Ashton asked, "Nothing" I lied, I was going to tell him, just not now when we're both drunk and have company.

"I'm getting really tired now" I said yawning, "Yeah me too, I think we'll call it a night" Ashton said, "Are you all okay getting home?" he asked.

That was one of the many things I loved about Ashton, he always put others first, no matter what the situation was, even when he was completely wasted, he put others first.

Wait, did I just say that was one of the many things I loved about him?

I couldn't love him.

I had to win this game.

I would win this game.

"Night babe" Ashton said as he snuggled into my body, "Night ash" I said as I closed my eyes, letting sleep take over my drunken mind.

I woke up and groaned, I pried Ashton's arms from around my waist and sat up, Ashton's eyes shot open, "Morning" he said, his voice rough from just waking up, "Morning" I said smiling as he leaned up and kissed my lips gently, lingering there for a few seconds before pulling back.

I felt a sudden rush of guilt run through me and suddenly I remembered last night with Calum.

Ashton looked at me, "Are you okay?" he asked, I nodded, I had to tell him what happened, "Are you sure? You know you can tell me what's wrong Katie" he said, I sighed, "Promise you won't get mad ash?" I asked, he looked at me, "What?" he asked, "I have to tell you something, but only if you promise you won't be mad" I said, examining a little more to him, "Uh, okay then, I promise" he said unsurely.

"You know last night when we were playing seven minutes in heaven?" I asked, he looked puzzled but then nodded, "Yeah" he said, "Well, uh, you know Calum and I went in?" I asked, he nodded again, adding things up in his head, "Im sorry ash" I whispered, "We kissed" I said quietly, he looked at me before sighing, shaking his head at me.

I felt tears run down my cheeks, "Im sorry ash, I know this isn't any excuse for kissing him, but I was really drunk" I spoke quietly, he looked up at me, his eyes watery, but he wasn't crying, "How could you Katie?" was all he said, "Im so sorry ash" I said, wiping my own tears, he stared into my eyes, "Are you mad at me? Because I understand if you are" I said, "Im not mad Katie, just disappointed, I thought you were better than that" he said, his words hurting like a thousand knives being thrown at me.

"I know ash, and trust me I regret it so much, I wish I could turn back the clocks and I wouldn't even have agreed to get drunk" I said, he sighed, "I need some time to think Katie" he said, looking away from my gaze, I nodded, "Take however long you need" I whispered as I got off the bed and went downstairs where Anne Marie said at the dining table, "Hi Anne Marie" I said smiling, "Hi darling, is Ashton still sleeping?" she asked me while smiling, "I think he's awake" I said as I went to the fridge, grabbing the bacon and putting some in the frying pan.

"I'm going out today, and the kids are still at my mums, will you and Ashton be okay?" Anne Marie asked, "Yeah we'll be fine" I said smiling at her, "Okay, I'm leaving in five minutes, just going to say goodbye to Ashton" she said, "Bye, have fun" I said to her as she walked upstairs.

I continued cooking the bacon, hearing Anne Marie say a final goodbye before leaving the house, I buttered the bread for the bacon to go on before placing the bacon on and cutting it in half.

"ASH DO YOU WANT A BACON SANDWICH?" I yelled up to Ashton, "YEAH, BRING IT UP TO ME" he yelled back, I sighed, making two cups of tea as well, I grabbed the plate with the sandwiches on it and grabbed the two mugs of tea before walking up to Ashton's room.

I walked in and sat on the bed next to Ashton, "Here" I said handing him the cup of tea and swirling the plate around so Ashton's sandwich was at his side of the plate and my half eaten sandwich was at my side.

"I really am sorry ash" I said after a couple of minutes of silence, "I know Katie" Ashton said, "Do you forgive me ashy?" I asked smiling at him, he giggled, "I suppose, considering we aren't actually together" he said, "Yeah I guess, but we still made rules and I know if you had to kiss someone else I would be annoyed" I said, "Well there's a difference, I wouldn't kiss anyone else" Ashton said, "I know ash, I'm sorry" I said again.

"Stop apologising" Ashton said giggling, I smiled as I lay down, "What are we doing today?" I asked, "The boys and I have band practice" Ashton said, "Oh, can you ask Luke to give me Erin's number? 'Cause we got along well last night and I'd like to hang out with her" I asked, "She'll be at this practice, come with me and then you can leave" he suggested, "Well I guess I'll come" I said laughing as I sat up.

"I haven't had a morning kiss yet" Ashton said, "You kissed me when I woke up" I stated, "That wasn't a real kiss" he pouted, I giggled as I kissed his pouted lips.

I had to get him to admit he loved me.

But how?