Nineteen

Ashton's pov

I say in the same position on the sofa. I couldn't bring myself to move.

I just told Katie I cheated on her.

She slapped me.

She walked out of the house.

I checked my phone, it was 10 pm and my mum and Harry were in bed, Lauren was staying over at her friend's house, even though it was a Sunday and they had school tomorrow.

I stood up and shoved my boots on before grabbing my jacket and putting it on, opening the front door and walking to find Katie to apologise in hopes she will forgive me again.

Even though I don't deserve forgiveness.

Katie's pov

I ran to my dads house, it was the closest place I could go to, I knocked on the door, looking down the street to see Ashton leaving his house.

My dad answered the door and his eyes widened, "What are you doing here Katie?" he asked bitterly, "Can, can I stay here tonight? Ashton and I got in an argument" I said quietly, remembering he told me not to come back when Ashton gets tired of me, "I guess" he said letting me in, I thanked god he wasn't drunk and looked as though he hadn't had a drink.

"So how have you been?" I asked, trying to make conversation, "Good actually, really good, I stopped drinking alcohol altogether, I haven't touched alcohol in two weeks, what about you?" he said smiling a genuine smile at me, I missed this dad, "Ive been quite good actually, but Ashton and I have been arguing a lot recently" I said sighing, "Oh? What's been going on?" he asked, "Well we started dating about a month or so ago, and we've just been arguing a lot" I said, "That's what happens when two people love each other like you two though, Katie, you two just clash and you'll both make many mistakes, but in the end you'll forgive each other" he said, "How do you know we're in love?" I asked giggling, "I always knew you two were in love ever since you were both like 9 or something, it's always a thing I knew would happen" he said simply, "And Katie," he said, "Yeah?" I asked, "Im sorry I slapped you, I'm sorry I was an alcoholic and I'm sorry I was such a bad father, it's just after your mother left us, it was just the only thing that took my mind off it" he said softly.

"It's okay dad" I said as we hugged it out.

I forgive everyone too easily.

"And Katie, don't be too hard on Ashton, he's young, we all make mistakes" dad said, "No dad, he cheated on me, he actually cheated on me" I said, tears welling up in my eyes, "Oh, Katie" he said, pulling me into another hug, "Go wash up and i'll give you a shirt of mine to wear to bed" he said, I nodded as I went to the bathroom, washing my face before going to get the shirt off my dad and putting it on.

"Night dad, thanks for letting me stay here tonight" I said, "Night Katie" he said, "I love you" I told him, I haven't told him that in years, "I love you too, Katie" he said before I went to my old room, hopping into the bed and wrapping myself in the duvet.

I couldn't sleep without Ashton's arms around my waist.

I couldn't sleep without his goodnight kiss.

I couldn't sleep without our nightly sayings of 'I love you'.

I couldn't sleep without Ashton.

And apparently, he couldn't sleep without me, as he had text me a few times.

From ashy<3: I'm sorry baby, I really really am xo

From ashy<3: please forgive me babe, you know I love you xx

From ashy<3: I know what I done was wrong and I'm going to give you space, if you want your uniform for school tomorrow ill hand it into your dads, I'm so sorry, I really hate myself for what I done xx

From ashy<3: I can't sleep without you cuddled next to me </3 xx

I sighed as I closed my eyes, I picked my phone up and replied to Ashton.

To ashy<3: bring my bag + uniform to my dads at 8 am.

I hit send and sat waiting for a reply, which happened almost immediately.

From ashy<3: okay Katie. please don't forget I love you and I'm sorry xx

I ignored it and closed my eyes, attempting to fall asleep, failing miserably.

Ashton was on my mind.

How could he cheat on me and expect me to forgive him?

I may forgive too easily, but not this time.