Twelve

Katie's pov

"Katie are you ready to go yet? You're going to make me late" Ashton whined, I giggled as I exited the bathroom, "Sorry ashy, it takes time to look this good" I said, gesturing to myself, "Wow, I just love how modest you are" Ashton said sarcastically, I chuckled as I grabbed my phone and followed Ashton outside to his car.

We were sitting in his car, jamming out to the songs on the radio, both of us singing loudly and dancing on our seats, just the usual kind of things that people like Ashton and I do.

"Don't bring up last night" Ashton said, "What do you mean?" I asked, "The whole you and Calum thing" he said, "Oh, I won't" I said smiling as I pecked his lips and followed him inside, "Hi guys" we both said to the four people already sitting there, "Katie you always make me late for stuff" Ashton said as he sat down on the sofa, "Sorry for taking my time to look this good" I said, he chuckled, "Oh, Erin, do you want to go shopping or something while they attempt to sing and do whatever they do?" I asked smiling, "Yes, definitely" Erin said.

She stood up and kissed Luke lightly, "Bye guys" she said, "Bye boys" I said, I heard Ashton cough dramatically, "Bye ashy" I said grinning at his nickname that only I call him, "Don't I get a kiss?" He asked, "No" I said laughing, Erin pushed me towards him, "Just give your damn boyfriend a kiss and lets leave" she said laughing.

Oh, that's right, everyone here thinks Ashton and I are dating.

I kissed Ashton quickly before pulling back, "Bye ashy" I repeated as Erin and I left the house, finding our way to the shopping centre that was located close to here.

We spent the next four hours looking at clothes, trying dresses and other items of clothing on, and buying useless things, just doing what normal teenage girls do when they can.

I really had to get a job.

Sure my dad sends me money each month, but not enough for me to live off of, and I know I'm still in school, but everyone has a job when they're 17, even Ashton has a job at KFC.

"I'm going to apply for a job" I said to Erin as we sat in the food court eating our burgers, "You should work with me on a Saturday and some weekdays at the hair salon" Erin suggested, "You get paid surprisingly quite a lot for working Saturday at nine until three and then some weekdays after school, it's like two hours a couple of weekdays" she added, "Im not a trained hairdresser, Erin" I reminded her, "Yeah, I know, you get the training that you need" she said, "Are you serious?" I asked, "Yeah, I managed to get today off but I'm working on Monday straight after school, come with me and I'll ask them" she said, I nodded as we continued to eat.

"Oh, I still don't have your number" I said as we sat in the car, "Oh, give me your phone and ill put my number in while you drive" Erin said taking my phone from my hand and typing away, adding her number to my phone and adding my number to her own phone.

"Lets pretend to the boys that you've broke your leg and are in hospital" Erin suggested, I giggled and nodded as we walked into the house, it was a hallway, Erin opened the sitting room door and I stood outside of the door, listening to her.

"Boys! Katie has broken her ankle and is in hospital" Erin said, her voice serious and worried, I held back a giggle as I heard gasps, "What happened to her?" Ashton asked sounding extremely worried, I started feeling bad, "She fell head over heels for Ashton" Erin said grabbing my arm and leading me inside, "You were supposed to keep playing along Erin" I said giggling, "You worried me there" Ashton said, pulling me into his lap, "Sorry ashy" I said giggling as I pecked his lips, "I forgive you" he said, "That's all you seem to be saying these days" I said, he smiled as we turned to face everyone.

"Katie can I talk to you alone please?" Calum asked, "Uh, sure" I said smiling as I stood up from Ashton's lap and followed him into the kitchen, "If this is about last night I just want to--" I was cut off by Calum pressing his lips to mine again, only this time I pulled back immediately, "What are you doing Calum?" I asked, "I just though--" I cut him off, "No Calum! I have Ashton, don't kiss me again" I said firmly before leaving and going to where Ashton was.

"Can we leave please? Or are you still practising?" I asked quietly, "Yeah we can leave if you want babe, what's wrong?" He asked, "Ill tell you in the car" I said, he nodded as he stood up, "We're going to head home now, i'll see you all on Monday" Ashton said, "Bye guys! See you on Monday" I said, "Remember to bring extra clothes for work Katie" Erin said as I walked out.

"Work?" Ashton asked, "Yeah Erin's getting me a job at the hair salon, it's good money, I only work a couple of weekdays for two hours and on a Saturday from nine until three, and I get the training I need" I said, "Sounds good" Ashton said as we sat in the car.

"So what happened that made you want to leave so suddenly after talking to Calum? Did he do something to you? I swear I will kick his ass" Ashton said, "He tried to kiss me, but I swear I pulled back immediately" I said, ashton sighed, "He is totally going to get his ass kicked" he mumbled, "He can't just kiss my girl and get away with it" he added, I smiled at how protective he got over me.

I really do love Ashton.

This game wasn't working out in my favour.

I loved Ashton.

But I can't admit it to him.

Because I want to win this too much.