Fifteen

Katie's pov

"What happens now then?" I asked, the same question had been thrown around the air for the past five minutes quite a lot, Ashton sighed, "Lets stick to our original plan" he said, "And what was that?" I asked, genuinely confused, "Will you be my real girlfriend Katie?" he asked smiling down at me, oh, "Yes ash" I said smiling as he pressed his lips to mine, pulling back after a second, "And for the record, Katie, I love you too" he said before kissing me again, this time with more force.

I pulled back, "Is this going to work out?" I asked, doubts filling my mind, "Why wouldn't it?" Ashton asked, grinning at me, "Ashton, I live with you and your mum, what if she finds out? She won't let me live with you all, or what if we argue? We argue a lot Ashton, and if we're together it will be a lot more, and more serious, and what if--" Ashton cut me off by smashing his lips to mine, he pulled back, "We'll figure it out when, and if, it happens Katie, just live in the moment, stop worrying about the future" he said, "That's easy for you to say Ashton! You know exactly what you want to do with your life! You have the support of so many people Ashton, what do I have? I have nothing, I worry about the future so much! I worry about what will happen when your band becomes successful and you go on a world tour and leave me" I spoke, tears welling up in my eyes, "You have me Katie, and I will never leave you" he said, "But you will Ashton, everyone I ever love does" I said quietly.

"Well not me, Katie, I won't ever leave you" Ashton said, pulling me into a hug, and somehow, I believed him.

I believed he wouldn't leave me.

I believed he would be there for me.

I believed everything he told me.

Because I believe everyone too easily.

"Okay Ash" I said smiling, "Im going to organise a real date" Ashton said, I chuckled as we made our way back to his house, school was almost over anyway, and Ashton's mum would be at work.

"I really am sorry for making Calum kiss you and pretend he likes you, like that" Ashton said as we sat on the sofa, "It's fine ash, I forgive you, just like you always forgive me" I said smiling, "We always forgive each other, it's just how we are" I added, he nodded, "Because we love each other" I finished, "Im never going to get tired of hearing you say you love me" Ashton spoke, "Good, because I'm never going to get tired of saying it" I said, "Me either" Ashton said as he pulled me into his side, "I love you Katie" he said smiling at me, "I love you too Ashton" I said smiling at him.

"We're not going to become one of those cheesy couples, are we?" I asked laughing, "No 'cause we're not like that, we argue too much but always forgive each other, so we will never become a cheesy couple" Ashton said, "Yeah I guess so, we're too alike and we just clash a lot, ending up in an argument usually" I said laughing, "Or you become a stubborn pain in the ass" Ashton said, "Or you become arrogant" I added, "Im not arrogant" he defended, "Yeah you are! I'm not a pain in the ass" I defended myself, "You are" he said, "Whatever" I said, going to the kitchen and putting the kettle on.

"Do you want a cup of tea?" I asked, "Yes please babe" Ashton said, I began making the two cups of tea and bringing them back into the sitting room, placing them on the coffee table and sitting back on the sofa next to Ashton, who pulled me into his chest and cuddled me.

"Im tired" I said, yawning soon after, Ashton giggled, "What?" I asked, "You're cute when you yawn" he said, I laughed as I lay my head back on his chest, "Go to sleep if you want to" Ashton said, playing with my hair, "Okay ash, I love you" I said, yawning once more before closing my eyes and falling asleep instantly.

I woke up in Ashton's bed, I rubbed my eyes and checked the time 5:37 pm, I also had a text from my dad.

From dad: you're almost 18. I don't have to send you money soon.

I sighed and let that thought creep through my mind, he was right, I was 18 next month, I had to get my own money soon.

Sure, I had that job at the hairdressers, which did give me good money, but I was almost finished school, it was the start of June and my last day at school was the 20th of June.

Two more weeks of school.

Two more weeks of being a school student.

Two more weeks until Ashton can concentrate fully on fulfilling his dream with the band.

Two more weeks of easy living.

One more week until graduation.

I found a note taped to the bedside table and read it.

Katie babe, when you wake up go to the wardrobe and put on the dress and shoes I bought you, meet me in the sitting room at 6:30, also Lauren wants to go your hair, thats the only way she'll keep this a secret, sorry about that haha, love you

-ashy xo

I smiled as I sat up, making my way to the wardrobe where a beautiful red dress was neatly hung up, it was tight at the top and flowed out at the hips, there was red shoes to match. I brought them out and laid them on the bed, going to shower quickly.

I heard Lauren shouting on me as I exited the bathroom in my underwear, I quickly got to the room and put on a big top and shorts, "Katie have you got clothes on?" Lauren asked, "Yeah come in" I said, she opened the door and smiled, "I always wanted you and Ashton to date" she said smiling, "Okay, what are you doing to my hair?" I asked, "Blow dry it and straighten it" she answered, leading me to the dresser in her room.

She blow dried my hair, and then straightened it, making sure it was sitting perfectly, "Thanks Lauren" I said, "No bother Katie, I'm glad Ashton chose you to date, I remember once he brought this girl home like last year and she wore too much makeup and was really ugly, I didn't like her" she said laughing.

Ashton told me he had never brought a girl home before.

Did he lie to me?

I nodded as I left Lauren's room and went back to Ashton and I's room, putting on my usual makeup and the dress and shoes.

It was just before 6:30 when I made my way to the sitting room where Ashton stood.

"You look good ash" I said smiling as he looked at me, he took in everything about me before smiling, "And you look beautiful, as always" he said, extending his hand for me to take.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked once we sat in the car, he nodded, "Did you lie to me about never bringing a girl home before?" I asked, his eyes widened, "No I--" I cut him off, "Why are you lying ashton?" I asked, he looked down, "I made a huge mistake that day Katie" he said, "You didn't have to lie" I said, "I told you about Dean" I said, getting annoyed at his constant lying.

"Katie, I made a mistake that day, okay?" Ashton said, "What did you do?" I asked, "It doesn't matter anymore" he said, "Im getting out of this car if you don't tell me" I threatened, he sighed, "Fine! I took drugs, okay? I took drugs and then took a random girl home! Happy now?" he screamed, I stayed silent.

Ashton took drugs?