Twenty Three

Ashton's pov

I can't believe she just forgave me.

I guess it really was supposed to be.

I guess she really does love me if she's willing to take me back, even after I make a huge mistake.

"I'm just going to go to the bathroom, be back in a minute" Katie said, excusing herself from the table, I nodded as I watched as she made her way to the ladies bathroom.

I continued eating my food while I waited on Katie returning, and when she did she looked down at me before sitting back on her seat, I could sense that there was something wrong with her, I've been her best friend since we were like 7, but I didn't know whether to ask her about it or not.

I decided to ask her, "Is there something wrong with you?" I asked bluntly, she looked at me, "No I'm fine" she said, she was lying, I knew because she always picked at her fingernails when she lied, "I know you're lying Katie" I said, "What? Im not lying" she said, still picking at her fingernails, "You pick at your fingernails when you lie Katie, why won't you tell me what's wrong?" I asked.

"You really want to know?" She asked, her cheeks going red, "Yeah" I said, "Ive took my period and I don't have anything with me so I had to use toilet paper" she state bluntly, "You should of told me! Do you want to leave or do you want me to go home and get you something or go to the shop?" I asked, not exactly knowing what to do in this situation, "Can we just go home and watch a film and cuddle?" she asked, I smiled and nodded.

The best part about her being on her period was that she loved to cuddle.

And who in their right mind would turn down a cuddle?

(A/N I'm sorry if Ashton's thoughts are too girly hahaha)

"Come on then" I said as I left some money on the table before we both left, Katie walked quickly towards the car and I followed behind her.

I drove in the opposite direction of the house, going to the corner shop in stead, "Where are we going ash? I have to get home" Katie said, "You'll see babe" I said smiling at her, she sighed as she sang along quietly to the song that was playing on the radio.

"I'll be back in a second" I said, placing a gently kiss on her lips before walking into the familiar shop, going straight to the ice cream, picking up the tub of chocolate chip ice cream and then going to get some chocolate, I paid for the things and left, going back to the car.

"Are we going home now?" Katie asked, "Yes" I said, pulling out of the space and driving home.

"I'll be back in a second" Katie said as she went to the bathroom to sort herself out, I took this as my opportunity to put a DVD on and put the ice cream and chocolate on the bed, I also stripped into my boxers and hopped back into bed, waiting for Katie to return, which she did minutes later in nothing but a big t shirt and underwear.

She smiled at me as she noticed the chocolate and ice cream, "So that's why you went to the shop?" she asked, "Yeah babe, all for you" I said smiling at her as she hopped into bed and grabbed the ice cream and spoon, taking a spoonful of it and eating it.

She put more ice cream on the spoon and almost shoved it into my mouth, I giggled at her as she smiled at me, "You, Katie Holmes, are definitely something" I said laughing, "But that's why you love me, right?" She asked laughing, "That's not why I love you" I said, "Then why do you love me, ashy?" she asked, I thought about it for a few seconds before answering.

"Because you're perfect to me and I don't see any reason not to love you" I answered truthfully.

"Awh ash, you're going all mushy on me right now?" she asked, I chuckled as I kissed her lightly and she began eating the ice cream and chocolate and we watched the film that was on.