Sixteen

Katie's pov

"I'm sorry Katie, for shouting at you" Ashton said after five minutes of silence, I still couldn't process the thought of Ashton taking drugs and not telling me.

"Yeah whatever" I said, still angry at him, "Babe, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have yelled at you, you were just asking me about it and I got angry" he apologised, "Its fine ash" I said, "Why didn't you ever tell me?" I asked, "Im ashamed of it Katie, so damn ashamed of myself, I feel so bad about what I done, so I decided to forget about it, and move on" he said, "Seems like Lauren hasn't forgot about it" I said, "Lauren knows?" he asked, "Not exactly, she told me you brought a girl home once and she didn't like her" I said giggling.

"I should of told you Katie, you were my best friend, and even now we're dating, you're still my best friend" Ashton spoke up, "Its okay ash, I forgive you" I said, assuring him, he nodded, as we pulled up outside a fancy restaurant.

"Prepare for the most cheesiest, cliche first date of your life" Ashton said, exiting the car and opening my door for me, "Such a gentleman" I said sarcastically, he giggled as we walked hand in hand into the restaurant.

"Table for two please?" Ashton asked, "Right this way sir" the man said, Ashton giggled when he was called 'sir', "Here are your menus" the man said, placing the menus down on the table, Ashton pulled my seat out for me, and pushed it in again when I sat down, "This is the most cliche date ever" I commented as Ashton sat down, "Yeah I know! I told you it was going to be cliche" Ashton said as his eyes scanned the menu.

"I hope you know I'm not going to order a salad, even if this is a cliche first date" I commented, "I wouldn't let you order a salad Katie" Ashton said, I smiled as I scanned the menu.

"I'm going to get cheese pasta" I said, "Im going to get steak and chips" Ashton said, I giggled as the waiter came over and took our orders, telling us he would be back out in a few minutes with our drinks.

"I can't believe we're 18 next month" Ashton said, "I know! My dad text me earlier, saying that when in 18 he doesn't have to send me money anymore" I said sighing, "You don't need his money babe, you have your job, and you have me if you ever need anything" Ashton said, "Thanks ash, I'm sure i'll manage" I said laughing as our food came out and we began eating.

|*|

"I can't believe my two babies are graduating" Anne Marie said, pulling Ashton and I into a big hug, I giggled, Anne Marie always treated me like her own daughter, "Go on you two, you'll miss the start of it" she said, wiping her tears and ushering the both of us to the front of the hall.

I was sat next to Luke and Calum, since their names both started with H, Luke was first, then me, then Calum and then Ashton was next to Calum, Michael was up at the front with the other C's.

Names were being called, and cheers were being shouted when someone went up.

"Michael Clifford" the principal said, the four of us cheered loudly for Michael, he looked at us and smiled, before walking off the stage and sitting in his seat again.

More names were called before it was our turn, "Luke Hemmings" the principal said, causing me, Calum, Ashton and Michael to cheer for him, he took his seat again, "Katie Holmes" the principal said, the four boys cheered as I made my way on stage, shaking his hand and taking the diploma from his hand, I made my way to my seat, "Calum Hood" the principal said, causing the four of us two cheer, yet again, and Calum to go on stage.

"Ashton Irwin" the principal said, we all cheered, and Ashton got back to his seat, we all watched as the rest of our year was called out, name after name after name until the last name was called.

"PARTY AT MINE TONIGHT AT 7" Dean yelled, "Are we going?" Calum asked, "Yeah" I said at the same time Ashton said "No".

"Why not ash?" I asked, "Its dean, none of us like him" Ashton said, "But this is our last high school party ash" I said, "Yeah, come on mate" Michael said, "Fine, I guess we'll all go" Ashton said, I giggled.

"Can we go home and get ready then? it's like a half past five" I said, Ashton nodded as we headed home with Anne Marie, Harry and Lauren.

I put on a white strapless dress that went to mid thigh and black heels, pinning some of my hair up and adding makeup.

By the time I was ready it was a quarter to seven and we were leaving, Ashton's arm was around my waist and we were walking the ten minute walk to Deans house.

"You look beautiful Katie" Ashton said after a few minutes if silence, "Thank you ash, you look great too" I said, "Are you drinking alcohol?" he asked, "Probably, are you?" I asked, "I think I might" he said, "I think tonight we should just get wasted and have a great night" I suggested, "I agree, lets just get completely wasted" Ashton said as we stopped outside Deans house.

"Lets go have a good time" Ashton said pecking my lips before we both entered the house and went to grab a drink.