Twenty Nine

Katie's pov

"Your mum's name is Catherine Grey, and your brother is Kieran Grey" Ashton told me, I nodded, "Did you find anything else about them?" I asked, "Kieran is a year older than us, your mum is remarried and she lives in west Sydney still, you dad wouldn't tell me where though" he said, I nodded, "Check the Internet for Kieran, he must have Facebook or twitter or something" I said, Ashton began typing away.

"I found your mum on Facebook" Ashton yelled, I smiled, "Can you add her and message her?" I asked, he nodded, "Now we wait" he said, "Oh she has accepted the friend request already" Ashton said, I smiled as he messaged her.

Hello Catherine, I don't know if you remember me but Im Katie's best friend and I have news regarding her if you would like to meet up? And bring Kieran too.

Ashton sent the message and we waits for a reply, "Ash I'm so nervous, what if she doesn't want to meet us? Are you going to tell her I'm alive on message or are we going to surprise her when and if she meets us?" I asked, "Wait until we meet her to tell her" Ashton said, "She has replied already" he added, I took a deep breath before looking at her reply.

Hello Ashton, yeah I remember you, you and Katie were the best of friends, it must be hard for you with her not being here, how about we meet up today at the restaurant in the shopping centre near where you stay? Kieran and I are going there in about a half hour with my husband and daughter?

I smiled, "Ash, she wants to meet you, we're going to see her! Im going to meet my mum" I said grinning, Ashton pulled me into a hug, "Im going to see her, she's going to realise I'm not dead!" I said, "I know babe, I have to reply and tell her ill meet her there, we'll have to look at her pictures to see what she looks like" Ashton said, I nodded as he sent a short reply.

Sure, see you there.

"I'm going to the bathroom" I said, standing up from Ashton's lap and walking towards the bathroom.

Twenty five minutes later Ashton and I were ready to leave, the restaurant was only about five minutes walking distance from the house so we would be there just after my mum and brother and her new family.

"What if she doesn't believe it's me?" I asked, "She will Katie, you haven't changed that much" Ashton said as we got to the doors of the restaurant, I gulped, Ashton grabbed my hand, "This is it" I whispered as we entered, searching the almost empty place for my mother.

"There she is" I said excitedly, gaining a few stares, I ignored them as Ashton and I made our way over, "Hello Catherine" Ashton said, "Ash! Call me Cathy, you know I always get called that" my mum said, before turning around.

"K-katie?" she stuttered, I smiled, "Mum" I said, she pulled me into a massive hug, "I thought you were dead?" she asked, I shook my head, "My dad is a liar! He tried to kidnap ash and I and got into a car crash and Ashton and I had amnesia and we didn't know anything about you or Kieran until I moved out because dad slapped me and I moved in with Ashton" I said.

"Katie, Ashton is that you?" a mans voice came from behind us, I turned around to see a boy around my age, he looked a lot like me, "It's me Kieran" he said, he pulled me into a hug, "I, I had amnesia and I don't remember any of you" I whispered, "Its okay, we're here now" mum said, I smiled, "Mummy who is that?" a little girls voice said, I turned and saw a man with a little girl in her arms, "Charley, this is your sister Katie" my mum said smiling at me.

"Did you not say she went to heaven mummy?" charley said, "Yeah baby, it turns out her daddy was a bad liar, and here she is" my mum said, "Hi charley" I said smiling, "Hi I'm Steven" the man said, "Katie, and this is Ashton" I said introducing Ashton.

"Lets have a real catch up, both of you sit down" my mum said, "Oh, we didn't bring any money" I said, "Nonsense, I've just got my daughter back after five years of believing she was dead, I'm sure I can buy you and ash dinner" my mum said, Ashton and I took the empty seats.

"So are you two dating yet?" Kieran asked, Ashton and I looked to each other and I giggled, "Yeah" we both said, he chuckled, "Take care of her mate, even though I know you will" Kieran said patting Ashton's back.

This was how it was supposed to be.

This was what I wanted.

A family were I feel I belong.

A place where I feel I belong.

People I feel that care about me.

This was everything I wanted.

A mum, brother, sister, step dad, and Ashton.

Also Anne Marie, Lauren, Harry, Luke, Calum and Michael.

Those were the only people I needed and wanted in my life.

This wasn't a game.

This was life.