Twenty Eight

Katie's pov

"Paul you have to tell us what happened" Ashton said, we had been at my dads for a half hour and still had no answers to what happened.

"Please dad, I, I just want to know her name, why she left, why I can't remember anything" I said, "You, you're both better off not knowing" dad said, "No we're not dad! Can't you see how much I want to know? This is tearing me apart" I said, Ashton placed his hand on the small of my back, trying to calm me down, "Paul, you have to tell us" Ashton spoke calmly.

"I, I can't tell you" dad said, I sighed loudly, "Whatever, I'm done with this" I stated, standing up and turning to walk out, "Wait Katie" dad said, I turned around to face him, "I, i'll tell you" he said quietly, I took my seat next to Ashton again, his hand going on my thigh, "O-okay" dad stuttered.

"Well, when you were almost thirteen, your mum decided she had had enough of me, and she was going to take you and your brother and move away, she left you to stay at Ashton's for the night while she and your brother sorted everything" dad said, "I have a brother?" I asked, dad nodded, "Anyway, I was drunk, no surprise there, and, and I came to pick you up to run away and take you with me, and Ashton came because he wasn't going to leave you, and we got in my car, I, I was really drunk and drove towards the airport, and-and I crashed into a big truck, you both, you went flying out of the window and-and almost died, you were in a coma for a week, and Ashton was just knocked out for a few hours, but-but you both had amnesia, you couldn't remember a thing, and I decided it was best to keep you hidden, I-I told your mum you were dead" he continued, tears strolled down my face.

Ashton patted my back, "I did everything I could to pretend to her you were dead, just so I could keep you here, and with the two of you having amnesia it just seemed like it was meant to be, I'm sorry Katie, I really am" he finished, I stood up, "I hate you! I hate you so much" I said, "How could you? I have a brother! My mum and brother think I'm dead" I yelled, "Come on Katie, lets go home" Ashton said taking my hand and leading me to his house.

I fell on to the sofa and cried, I cried harder than I ever cried before, "I-I can't believe this" I said, "Me either Katie" Ashton said, pulling me into his lap and rubbing my back until I fell asleep.

When I woke up, I was alone in Ashton's bed, I sat up and rubbed my eyes, checking my phone, I had a message from my dad and one from Ashton.

From dad: I'm sorry Katie

From ashy<3: I'm at McDonald's right now getting us food, be home soon babe xxx

To dad: I don't give a shit about you anymore, don't ever speak/text/call me again.

To ashy<3: okay ash xx

I stood up and went to the bathroom, washing my face, trying to cover the fact I cried myself to sleep in Ashton's arms.

How could my own father pretend to my mum and brother I was dead for five years?

How could he lie to me for five years?

How could he not tell me I was in a coma and had amnesia?

How could he hide this all from me?

"Katie I'm home" Ashton yelled, "Be down in a second" I said as I made my way from the bathroom to the stairs and down to the sitting room where Ashton sat with a McDonald's.

"Yours is here too" he said, I made my way over and sat next to him, grabbing my food and starting to eat it, "I went to your dads" Ashton said, "What? What did you say?" I asked, "I asked him your mothers name, and your brothers name, we're going to find them" he said, I smiled, "Thank you so much ash" I said as I continued shoving food into my mouth.