Twenty

Katie's pov

I sat up and rubbed my eyes, "Katie, Ashton's at the door with your uniform" my dad yelled, "Coming" I said, standing up and walking downstairs, totally forgetting I had a shirt that barely covered my bum on, my dad walked into the sitting room and Ashton stood at the door with my uniform on a clothes hanger in one hand, he had my school bag and shoes in his other hand.

"Thanks" I said as I took them from him, "Im really sorry Katie" Ashton said, "Yeah, I bet you are" I said, closing the door, only to be stopped my Ashton, "I love you Katie, I couldn't lie to you, I had to tell you the truth, I'm sorry" he said, "Sorry isn't going to work this time, Ashton" I said simply before successfully closing the door, and letting the tears fall down my face as I made my way to my old room, changing into my uniform and washing my face, brushing my teeth and my hair.

I didn't have any makeup here, so it was going to be a makeup free day today.

I made my way downstairs to where my dad was sitting at the dining table with a newspaper in his hands, "Good morning Katie" he said smiling at me, "Morning dad" I said sitting down with a bowl of cereal and beginning to eat it.

"Would you like dropped off at school?" dad asked, "Yes please" I said nodding as he stood up, grabbing his car keys and walking behind me out to the car.

"I'm sorry Katie, for everything" dad said once we were seated, "Its okay dad" I said, "No it's not! What kind of father slaps his daughter? What kind of father was an alcoholic until two weeks ago when he decided to try and change? What kind of father kicks his seventeen year old daughter out because she didn't spend enough time at home, when it was my fault? Im such a bad father" he said, "We all make mistakes dad, at least you know what you've done and can admit to it" I said, "I guess" he said.

"Ive saved almost enough money for a flat" I said, "Really?" dad asked, "Yeah, I got a job at the hairdressers after school some days and Saturdays, and joined with the money you sent me, I managed to save enough for the flat near your house" I said, "That's great, have you made a deposit on it yet?" he asked, "I was going to wait until I finished school, I only have five days left anyway" I said.

"I wish I was at your graduation" he said, I smiled, "I wish you were there too, even though Anne Marie was there, it would have been nice if you were there" I said, he sighed, "Im sorry for letting you down Katie, you suffered just as much, if not more, than I did when your mum left and I just turned to alcohol and left you on your own" he said, "I wasn't alone, I had Anne Marie, Ashton, Lauren and Harry" I said.

"But I should have been there" he said, "Well you weren't, and there's nothing we can do except move on, bye dad, ill see you later" I said as I left the car and walked into school.

I passed Luke, Calum, Ashton and Michael on my way in, they stared at me as I strolled past them, not even giving Ashton a glance.

I made it to maths and went in, sitting in my seat in the far corner of the room, waiting for the bell to ring and everyone else to come in, which happened within five minutes.

I saw Ashton enter and look at me, I looked towards the front, I wasn't going to forgive him.

Not so easily.

Not this time.