Twenty Five

Katie's pic

"Oh my god we actually finished school" Ashton said, I giggled, "Like we actually graduated and have completed school" he added, "I know ash" I said laughing, "Im so glad were finished school 'cause now we can focus more on the band now" he said, I nodded as we got into his car.

"I'm staying over at Michael's tonight, with the other boys, is that okay?" Ashton asked, "Obviously ash, you don't have to ask me, it's your life" I said giggling, "I just like to make sure it's okay with you first" he said, "Im going to stay at my dads anyway" I said, "Do you want dropped off there?" he asked, "No, I have to get clothes and everything" I said, he nodded as we stopped outside his house.

This was the first time I would be staying at my dads in ages. I had visited him a few times in the last week, but only for about an hour each time, and I honestly did feel bad, but what he done was too bad to just forgive and forget so simply.

He ruined my teenage life.

Ashton and I went into his house and up to our room where we both got our things for an overnight stay, "Ill see you tomorrow ash" I said pecking his lips, "See ya tomorrow babe" Ashton said as we parted ways.

I walked up the path until I got to my dads house, which was three or four doors up from Ashton's.

I knocked on the door and my dad answered, he knew I was staying over, he smiled and welcomed me inside.

"I have phoned a takeaway for us, pepperoni pizza sound alright?" he asked, "Yeah, sounds good" I said smiling as I checked my phone, I had a text from Ashton.

From ashy<3: missing you already<3 xoxox

To ashy<3: clingy bf xoxox missing you too ash, how are we ever going to cope if you go on tour with your band? xxx

I saw my dad staring at me, I looked up, "Yeah?" I asked, "Is that Ashton you're texting?" he asked smiling, "Uh, yeah" I said, "Don't let him go Katie, he's a good kid, I hope he treats you as well as he used to" he said, I smiled, "He treats me even better" I said, "That's good, as long as he treats you better than I did, as long as he doesn't do to you what I done to your mum" he said, "Hang on, I thought mum left us?" I asked, "Yeah, but she had a reason, I wasn't good to her Katie, I was a terrible husband" he admitted, looking ashamed and guilty, "Oh" I said, I didn't really know what to say.

My mum left me with my dad, even though she knew he wasn't a good guy.

Why didn't she take me with her?

And why didn't I ever know this?

I always thought my mum was the bad one.

I always thought my dad was the good guy who's wife left him and he turned to alcohol.

Why can't I remember anything about my mum?

Or any of my childhood.

All I remember is being with Ashton.

I don't remember anything after my twelfth birthday.

"Dad, why can't I remember anything before I was twelve? Except for being with Ashton?" I asked, curiosity taking control of my questions.

My dad stared at me with wide eyes.

"I, I can't tell you" he said, avoiding eye contact.

What was going on?