Empireverse!Nightmare x Reader part 2

Warning: Angst (I really like writing angst now..) and language

~

Your P.O.V

"Nighty?"

'Is that Nightmare? Why does he..have black... Goop all over him?'

"(Y-Y/N)? W-what are you doing here?"

I furrow a brow at what he said, 'I'm very sure he put me in this cell!'

"What do you mean? I was put into this cell! By these... other skeletons! Nighty let me out!"

He frowned and looked away for a bit, "No... "

I was shocked, 'why is my best friend doing this?'

"Why? WHY ARE YOU LETTING ME ROT HERE!? WHY WON'T YOU SET ME FREE!? NI-ighty.. We were best friends... Please!"

"That's the thing, we were, we aren't anymore... "

I gasped, his words struck my very heart, 'this wasn't the Nightmare that I knew and loved..'

"W-what? Why? WHAT DID I EVER DO TO YOU!? WHAT DID I DO THAT-"

"ENOUGH"

His voice was cold, thoroughly laced with venom, not a single sense of positivity present in his aura. This frightened me, this made me think about what Nightmare could be capable of, this new Nightmare was different from the one I knew, all I know about this Nightmare was that he was force not to be messed with.

My breath hitched as fright increased in my emotions. My body wasn't under my command, I wasn't able to control it, it went on it's own. All of a sudden, a glowing (F/c) heart was levitating in front of my chest, mysterious but yet looked beautiful.

"What is that?" I questioned, through the magic powered poles of the cell, I saw Nightmare divert his eyesockets away from the heart, but whilst doing so, a small tint of blue hue was on his goo-covered skull, I was confused. Was he blushing? Or was he just sick? I doubt that was blush, blush doesn't glow or anything but he is a skeleton, their anatomy is more or less different from homo sapieans (I hope that's how its spelled).

"W-why did you do that? Why did you take out your soul?" He quarrelled,"What do you mean? I didn't take out my soul! I would die if I did"

He scoffed in annoyance, as I could tell at least, "I admired your intellect before, what the fuck happened to it? From the most intelligent person to the dumbest idiot that ceases to even exist, no fucking wonder my allies were able to get you so easily"

Offended at his comment, I snapped, "WELL LOOK WHO'S TALKING, A RETARDED OCTOPUS WANNABE THAT RULES A STUPID EMPIRE WITH CITIZENS WHO HATE HIM!"

"DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE TALK TO ME LIKE THAT YOU SLUT! YOU'RE LUCKY I LEFT YOU ALIVE!! Gosh, why the hell did I even become 'best friends' with you, I was so naive and stupid back then to befriend a such a disgusting being"

Tears had started to well in my eyes, his words struck me, "I..I, WELL OKAY THEN! IF YOU REGRET EVER MEETING ME! THEN I REGRET EVER MEETING YOU AS WELL! I REGRET EVER ENCOUNTERING YOU! I REGRET EVER COMFORTING YOU! I FUCKING REGRET THE FACT THAT I LOVE YOU"
I gasped, I had told him my feelings.

He looked at me in shock,"Y-you, love me?", the secret was out, no point in hiding it..

"Yes, I do an-" "My lord, an assault from the opposing empire to us has started, they want war, we must go my lord, we must ready ourselves, they've already attacked the outer village" Nightmare looked at me one last time before leaving.

"Wait, what are we to do with her?" "Let her go.." "What? Okay my lord.."
The soldier came closer to my view, he retracted the containment spell and I was free.

"Go, he has set you free.."

~~~~

"ARGH" A groan left the two brothers after the blow that they unleashed upon one another, the sounds of metal and bone clanging against each other, the stench of death and bloodshed lingering throughout. Sweat had runned down the skulls of the emperors, eye to eye with each other, watching their movements, desperate to defeat the opposition.

But alas, the forces of the Sun had grown both number and strength, the moon empire was weak and slowly failing. The moon emperor dropped to his knees in defeat, his lifelines vital.
"There you kneel defeated my brother, now, meet your end"

A group of Sun soldiers had rounded around the fallen emperor, ready to pierce him. Nightmare looked weakly at his brother, whose expression was stern yet sorrowful. "You won, congrats" with those words his head hung low, ready to meet his fate.

3

2

1

*CLANG*, a spear had stopped the swords from touching the emperor, they all looked up to see the culprit, only to be met with a masked warrior.

"Enough of this nonsense, let there be peace between you both as there was once, let it reak in your demeanor, don't let rivalry and hatred cloud it"

The voice was familiar to the emperors, "(Y/n)?", as spoken, the warrior removed her mask to reveal her.

"I had stood in union with you both once, what halts you from doing so again?" The brothers looked at her, then at each other, and then down. "A common rivalry and misconceptions"

"Forget about that, raise peace between your empires, don't let this grow within you, you are brotherhood, twins, why fight against your own blood, you both know that no matter what you do, the love for each other linger on, deny it yet its there"

~~~~~~

A peaceful treaty had occurred between the opposing empires thanks to the empire of balance.

The unity of the twins had returned and a vow to equalize and share had been made.

But exciting news was to be added, for the empire of moon and balance had a connection.

A connection found in a young child.

(C/N)

The daughter of Nightmare and (Y/n)

<♡>

It's bad I know.