Chapter two- Para

I could hear the girls talking about him. The teachers said his name is Luka. Luka, the girls say, is hot. Really hot. To bad I can't see him. I hear him plop down beside me. Soon I hear him clear his throat. But he can't be doing it to me! Then he speaks, he leans in close. I tense up, panic rushes through me.

"I'm Luka, you are?" I almost hurl, he is talking to me! Fear laces every fiber of my being. I hear something land on his desk and he leans away. The rest of class goes smoothly as he begins to talk to Lilly. At least he doesn't try to talk to me.

When the bell at the end of the day dismissed us, I practically jumped for joy. I put my hand in my shoulder bag and let Rimmy guide me.

On my way home I hear a car slow down beside me, and a familiar voice ring out. Luka.

"Para, right?" I prepare to run. I felt something stir. Oh god. "Do you want a ride?" I run. "Wait Para!" I run harder and Rimmy peeks out to keep up with where I'm going. He barked softly. Turn left. Bark loud. Stop. Two barks. Go. Three small barks. Right. A small growl. Home. A whine. Door. I open it and slam it shut.

I take a few mintues a to calm down as I lean against the door. I let Rimmy out and pet his head. Three scratches. Hungry. I smile and head to the kitchen. Rimmy is my seeing eye dog. I head upstairs to my room and use my hands to find my music. I bump into a few things but I finally find the play button on my stereo.

I close my eyes and listen to the melody.